Maya Collapses After a Call

After dropping her patient off in the ER, Maya went to go back to the Aid Car but was stopped by the sound of her name.

"Maya?" Carina asked, seeing her wife. "Hey." Maya said, wincing a little as she whipped her head around too fast.

"What are you doing here? Are you okay?" Carina asked, placing her hand on Maya's bicep gently, looking her over up and down.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Just dropped off a patient." Maya replied, wincing once again as a pain shot through her head.

"Are you sure, bambina?" Carina asked, brow furrowed in concern, noticing how pale and sweaty Maya looked.

"Yeah, I'm-" Maya started, cutting herself off when her knees buckled and everything went black for her.

"Maya? Maya!" Carina exclaimed, catching Maya as she collapsed. Carina gently lowered Maya down to the ground and looked up. "Someone get me a gurney and page Dr. Shepherd and Dr. Bailey!" She yelled.

A bunch of nurses came over and helped Carina get Maya onto a gurney.

Carina's thoughts were running wild as Maya slowly came to. "It's okay, bambina. You just passed out. Just relax." Carina said, watching Maya's eyes flutter open and blink confusedly.

"I'm fine." Maya groaned as she tried to sit up. "Lay back, Maya." The Italian said firmly.

"Firefighter Barbie, what seems to be the issue?" Amelia asked with a smirk as she looked at Carina.

"She was talking to me and then just collapsed." The OB explained. "Okay. Did you hit your head during a call or anything?" Amelia asked, taking out her penlight and flashing them in Maya's eyes.

Maya winced. "No."

"Okay. Your pupils look fine. It's pretty hot today. Have you drank enough water?" Amelia asked.

Maya looked down at her lap guiltily. "We've been on three calls back to back to back. I haven't had much time." She admitted.

"Well, that would explain it, firefighter barbie. You're definitely dehydrated. Let's start an IV and wait a little while to see how you feel." The neurosurgeon explained.

"This is stupid. I'm fine." Maya groaned a few minutes after a nurse inserted an IV. "What's stupid, bambina, is not drinking any water when it's 85 degrees out and you are running into burning buildings." Carina scolded.

"Sorry." The firefighter mumbled, sighing as she laid back into the bed. "Is your shift over?" Carina asked, sitting on the edge of Maya's bed and grabbing her hand.

"No, I don't get off until 3. I'll probably be put on desk duty now." Maya replied. "Beckett won't give you the rest of the day off?" Carina asked knowingly.

"I doubt it. I'll be fine in a few minutes." Maya smiled assuringly. "I will drive you back to the station when you're ready."

"Sounds good." Maya grinned.