5x02 - Maya doesn't tell Carina About What Happened

"You know, I hate that Ben is a firefighter." Bailey scoffed as she walked up to Carina at the nurses station.

"Why?" Carina asked curiously. She, too, didn't like that Maya willingly put herself in danger every day, but she was always proud to say her wife was a firefighter.

"You didn't hear? Our idiotic spouses both passed out because they were caught in a drug blast." Bailey said.

Carina's eyes widened. "Are they okay?" She asked worriedly. She's not surprised Maya didn't say anything, but it was angry that she didn't.

"They're fine, got checked out at Seattle Pres. They were given oxygen and sent home by Beckett." The general surgeon explained, sensing Carina's worries.

"Sometimes I hate that I married a firefighter, too." Carina sighed.

•••

When Carina walked in the door, she immediately was attacked by the delicious smell of penne alla vodka, a favorite dish of hers.

"Hey, babe." Maya said with a smile as Carina stepped into the kitchen. 

"Ciao, bella. You're cooking?" The Italian asked with an amused grin as she wrapped her arms around Maya's waist from behind, resting her chin on the blondes shoulder.

"I am. I missed you today." Maya said, stirring the pasta. "Too busy passing out before of drug fumes?" Carina asked nonchalantly.

Maya froze and tensed in Carina's arms. "I...didn't know you knew about that."

Carina sighed and turned Maya around so that they were facing each other. "Bambina, I want you to tell me if you get hurt at work." The OB said, moving Maya's hair out of her face.

"I didn't get hurt." Maya argued quickly. "Maya, from what I've heard, you passed out and were unconscious. How long? Did you make it out on your own two feet?"

Maya looked guilty and broke eye contact. Carina tilted her chin back up and looked her in the eyes.

Maya sighed. "Sullivan had to carry me out. I don't know how long I was out." She admitted.

"Bambina, why didn't you tell me? I don't like hearing about you getting hurt, and yes you were hurt, from Bailey." Carina asked.

"I didn't want to worry you. It wasn't a big deal." Maya tried, turning back around to the pasta.

"I'm always worried about you, bella. It worries me more when I have to hear about an incident from someone else." Carina replied.

"I'm sorry. I just...it wasn't that bad." Maya offered. "It's okay. Just tell me next time, si?"

"I will." Maya replied, plating the dishes. "Now, you got checked out at the hospital, right? Properly checked?" Carina asked, grabbing a bottle of wine out of a fridge.

"Yes, they took blood and gave supplemental oxygen. I'm all good." Maya assured, kissing her wife quickly and putting the dinner on the table.

"Good." Carina said, kissing Maya back and hugging her.