Maya Comes Home After a 5 Alarm

Being married and in love with a firefighter was a unique experience. It meant worrying from the second they leave for work, to the second they come from work.

Carina knew Maya was good at her job. She was a former captain for a reason, after all.

However, even though Maya was arguably one of best firefighters in Seattle, that didn't ease her worries.

Maya and the team were called to a 5 alarm fire around noon, and they were still fighting it currently, almost 6 hours later.

Carina knew that when Maya got home, she'd have a very tired and very sore firefighter to take care off. Honestly; she looked forward to that, because it meant that Maya was safe.

The doorknob jingling snapped her out of her thoughts, and she let out a sigh of relief when she saw her wife enter the apartment.

"Hey." Maya croaked, her voice hoarse from smoke inhalation and shouting. "Oh, bambina." Carina sighed as she got up and hugged her wife, before pulling back a little and looking at Maya.

She had a solid layer of soot on her face, mixed with sweat, and the bags under her eyes were pretty dark.

"I need to shower." Maya said, so wanting to give in to her wife's gentle touches, but needing to wash the day away.

Carina nodded, and didn't hesitate to follow her wife into the bathroom. The two stripped their clothes and stepped into the steaming stream of water.

"I'm so tired." Maya groaned as she nuzzled into Carina's neck. Carina wrapped her arms around Maya's waist and kissed her forehead gently, wincing at the new bruises she saw on her body, and the minuscule burns that could probably use some treatment.

"I know, bella." Carina murmured, turning Maya around and gently running her hands through her dirty hair. "Let me take care of you." She whispered.

•••

Carina helped Maya in the shower and then helped her get dressed. It wasn't that Maya needed the help, but she knew it comforted the firefighter after a long day.

Carina laid down in the bed first, while Maya finished brushing her teeth and getting ready for bed.

The blonde climbed up onto the bed, just up enough so that she was laying in between Carina's legs, head resting on her abdomen and arms wrapped around her waist.

Carina held Maya close to her body. She had to admit, she loved it when Maya was all clingy and soft. It was a side only she got to see, so different from the rough exterior she put on at work.

"I love you." Maya murmured, voice muffled by Carina's abdomen. "I love you too, bambina. Get some sleep." Carina said quietly.

Maya was home, and she was home safe.