Maya Talks About Lane

To say Maya had a rough day would be an understatement. Not only was her and her team unable to save a couple from their homes, but Lane Bishop decided today was a good day to visit the station.

So, when Carina came home, she wasn't surprised to see Maya laying in bed so early. She had heard from Miranda, who heard from Ben that it was rough shift.

"Oh, Bambina." Carina cooed sympathetically, walking over to her wife's side of the bed and crouching down.

Maya's blue eyes met hers, and Carina smiled softly. "Hi." Carina said, smoothing the hair out of Maya's face.

"Hi." Maya replied, smiling back, though the smile didn't reach her eyes. Carina moved so that she was hovering over Maya on the bed, proceeding to kiss Maya's forehead and roll on to her side.

"I heard it was a rough shift." Carina said, sitting up against the backboard and pulling Maya's body closer to hers, so that Maya's face was curled into Carina's chest.

"Yeah." Maya said absently, her voice croaky, a tell-tale sign that she had been crying. "Want to talk about it?" Carina asked, drawing lazy circles on Maya's arms.

"We lost a couple in a fire. They were already trapped under some rubble, but we didn't have enough time to get them out." Maya explained, nuzzling into her wife's chest.

"I'm sorry, Bambina." Carina said softly. "Then we got back to the station and my dad was there. He.....I had a panic attack after he left." The firefighter admitted quietly.

"Oh, Maya. What happened?" The Italian asked. "He just said some things and I just...I don't know." Maya answered.

"It's okay, bella." Carina said, pressing a kiss to her hair. It was silent for a moment before Maya spoke up again.

"My dad caught me kissing a girl once when I was a kid," Maya said, surprising Carina, "he didn't say anything to me at the time. But the next day, he woke me up 2 hours earlier than usual with a bucket of ice water. We went to the track and I did my usual workouts. But then he didn't let me stop. It came to a point where I couldn't walk without stumbling. But he didn't care. It wasn't until my mom drove over to the track and made him let me stop."

"Maya..." Carina whispered, her heart breaking. Everytime Maya opened up about her childhood and the abuse she endured, it hurt her heart more and more.

"I just hate that he still has that control over me. And I hate that I still want to please him. It's like every time I think he's out of my life he pops right back in." Maya groans, sitting up and running her hands through her hair.

"I know you don't want to hear it, bambina, but we could get a restraining order. He shouldn't be able to show up and induce panic attacks whenever he pleases." Carina said gently, knowing Maya still had a hard time accepting that her father was abusive.

"I....maybe we should." Maya agreed quietly. "I can call my lawyer tomorrow?" Carina asked. Maya just nodded and leaned back into her wife.

Carina smiled. A few months ago if this happened, there was no way Maya would feel this comfortable talking about it to her. They've come a long way b