Maya Gets Sick

"Maya, you're burning up. You need to go home." Andy insisted, kneeling next to Maya, who was hunched over the toilet trying not the throw up.

"No, no, I'm fine. I just ate something bad. I'll be fine." The blonde argued. "Okay, well how about you at least go lay down for a little while?" Andy asked.

"Fine. Wake me if you need anything or if there's a call." Maya said, sighing as she stood up slowly. Maya swayed on her feet for a moment, and Andy was quick to wrap an arm around her waist and steady her.

Andy helped Maya into her bunk and soon enough, the blonde was snoring away.

Andy, though she knew Maya would be mad at her for it, took her phone out and texted Carina to come and pick Maya up, explaining the situation. The Italian quickly responded, saying she'd be there in a little bit.

•••

Carina arrived at the station and marched into the bunk area, where Maya was once again hurling in the bathroom.

Carina quickly knelt behind her, holding her hair out of the way with one hand and rubbing her back with the other.

Maya coughed into the toilet, groaned as she leant back and curled into Carina's arms.

"You feel hot, bambina." Carina murmured, feeling the heat radiate off of Maya's skin.

"Don't feel good." Maya grumbled, trying to ignore the nausea and the headache she was feeling.

"I know, bella. I will take you home when you're ready." The OB said.

A few minutes passed, and Carina slowly helped Maya up. "Let's get you home, bambina."

•••

The two woman slowly made it up to their apartment and Maya immediately slithered under the covers. The fever was making her cold, and all she wanted to do was sleep thing thing off.

"Maya, take these real quick." Carina said, jostling the firefighter out of her daze. Maya took the two pills and swallowed them dry.

Carina turned to leave, but Maya stopped her. "Lay with me." Maya mumbled, half asleep. Carina just smiled and climbed behind Maya, wrapping her arms around the smaller woman.

"Ti amo, bambina." Carina whispered, pressing a kiss to the back of Maya's neck. "Love you too." Maya said, seconds before snores began coming.