Chapter 34 - Where the hell did that come from?

Chapter 34 – Where the hell did that come from?

Lucy's POV

After school, I go straight with Justin to his house. It's only around four o'clock so we have two hours to wait around before the meeting officially starts, but I didn't really feel like going home so Justin just told me he could drive me straight to his if I wanted.

After our conversation earlier, we both went back to our own designated tables, but for the entire of the rest of the day I could feel more than see the weird stares people were giving me. Everyone was obviously wondering the same thing: what the hell was that freak doing talking to Justin Detroit? I didn't really care, though, I just cared about the meeting tonight and what's going to happen in the next few days, so I just ignored them.

The second I was sat down at my usual lunch table with Jess and Amy, they immediately started grilling me about what was going on, so I told them. They're both worried, I can easily tell, and they immediately agreed with what Justin said earlier about them not wanting me to sacrifice myself. I told them that I wasn't going to, that I was going to wait and see how the meeting pans out tonight. They've both agreed to come tonight too, although they've gone home and are coming back later and bringing Beck as well. Until then, I'm just going to wait at Justin's.

"Come on," Justin says, as we get out of the car. "Let's go get something to eat before the meeting tonight."

"Okay," I agree, walking next to him as we head towards his house. He opens the door for me and lets me enter first before following me in and closing the door.

"I'm home!" Justin calls out, dropping his keys on the table by the door and kicking off his shoes at the same time. I follow his lead, removing my converse and placing them under the table next to his shoes.

"Justin, can you come here for a second?" David calls out from the office, causing Justin to sigh and roll his eyes slightly as we make our way over.

"Yes, dad?" Justin asks as we enter the office, causing David to look up. As he looks up, though, he also notices me standing slightly behind Justin and a warm smile instantly spreads across his face.

"Hello, Lucy, I didn't know you were coming over so early," he says, glancing back and forth between me and Justin a few times, the knowing look in his eyes causing my cheeks to heat up slightly.

"Yeah, she's going to hang out here until the meeting if that's okay," Justin replies, saving me from having to answer.

"Yeah, that's fine. Lucy's always welcome, you both know that," David replies, the hint in his words causing my face to now completely flame up.

"Er – yeah," Justin says, his voice sounding just as awkward as I feel. "Well, was there something you wanted, or...?" he trails off.

"Oh, right, yeah," David says, a stupid smirk still plastered on his face. "It's fine, it can wait until later."

Kill me. Just kill me now.

"Okay... well we're going to go get something to eat," Justin replies, glancing at me quickly.

"Okay, your mum said something about there being leftovers in the fridge," David says, glancing back at the paperwork in front of him briefly. "She's just popped to the shop, she should be back soon."

"Okay, thanks," Justin says quickly, all but dragging me out of the room and towards the kitchen as a now extremely awkward silence envelopes us.

When we enter the kitchen I take a seat on one of the stools by the counter as Justin heads towards the fridge, going to look to see what leftovers there are.