Chapter 41 - I could never hate you.

Lucy's POV

My usual alarm of Amy and Jess barging into my room wakes me up on Sunday morning. Groaning, I roll over to look at my clock and find that it's only nine. Nine on a Sunday morning! What the hell is wrong with these two?

"Go away," I grumble, rolling back onto my back and shoving a pillow over my face to try and block them out.

"No. You're going to Beck's today, right? You need to get up," Amy replies, grabbing the pillow and tugging it away from me.

"I'm not leaving until one," I mumble. "Leave me alone."

"Is Devlin meeting you here or are you meeting him at Justin's?" Jess asks, moving to sit on the end of my bed and completely ignoring my complaints.

"Don't worry, he's coming here so you get to see your boyfriend before the meeting tonight," I reply with a half-smirk.

"He's not my boyfriend!" she denies quickly, her cheeks turning pink.

"Sure he's not," Amy says with a laugh, moving to sit next to me on the bed.

"He's not! We're just-" she cuts off, apparently unable to find the right word.

"What, friends?" Amy asks, grinning like the Cheshire cat. "I don't know about you, Jess, but I wouldn't exactly class what I walked in on yesterday as just 'friendly'."

"Ooh," I say as I sit up, fully awake now. "What have I missed?"

"Nothing!" Jess practically squeaks.

"Right," I say, my voice flat to show her that she's really fooling nobody.

"You missed her and Devlin having a full-blown make out in our very own kitchen is what you missed," Amy says, clearly enjoying watching her sister slowly turning into a tomato.

"Aww, so is it official now?" I ask. "Are you two going through with the predestined mate bond?"

"I... don't know," she admits. "It's really confusing this bond thing, you know?"

"Yeah," I agree.

"I mean, I like him," she says with a smile. "I really like him, but I hardly know him. It just seems a bit fast."

"Isn't that how it's supposed to be, though?" Amy asks. "I mean, whenever I've heard stories of predestined mates it's always been like a love story on speed."

I laugh at that and nod in agreement. "That's true."

"Yeah, but what the stories seem to miss out is how intense everything is," Jess sighs.

"That's... also true," I agree, thinking back to every kiss I've had with Justin and how his scent seemed to just invade every single one of my senses.

"I think I just need a little more time before things get too serious," Jess explains with a shrug.

"What does Devlin think about that?" Amy asks and Jess smiles.

"He said he's willing to wait as long as I need," she replies.

"That's cute," I say with a smile.

"Yeah," she agrees.

"What about you, Luce?" Amy then asks. "Do you think you and Justin are moving too fast?"

"I don't know," I admit with a shrug. "I mean, it's not like I'm going to marry him tomorrow, nor am I going to go through with the whole mating ceremony anytime soon."