Chapter 17 - Yep, this is definitely not going to be easy...

Chapter 17 – Yep, this is definitely not going to be easy…

Justin’s POV

As I park my car in its usual spot in the school car park, I take a deep breath, knowing that today isn’t going to be easy. I’m actually surprised that school is even open today. I mean, the entire town was attacked by wolves yesterday, shouldn’t there be some unspoken rule that we should be allowed today off?

Climbing out of the car, I immediately notice Rachel making her way towards me with a few of her friends, and I mentally prepare myself for what I’m about to do.

I decided last night that it was time to break things off with her… for more reasons than one. She’s becoming a lot clingier than I can handle, and I’m starting to get sick of it. She’s constantly wanting to meet up with me, and when we’re not together she’ll be constantly calling and texting me. At first, I’ll admit, I thought it was kind of cute, but now it’s just plain down annoying. I mean, come on, I’m the future Alpha, I’m not always going to be free to hang out with my girlfriend and watch a movie. Why the hell can’t she just understand that?

And then there’s Lucy. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to get that girl out of my head. I know I said that I could never see myself with her, that she’s not fit to be a Luna but… I’m rapidly beginning to realise just how wrong I was. From the moment she stepped into my house that first night, she’s shown nothing but good leadership qualities. She’s not afraid to take charge or speak up when she feels the need to. Sure, she can be a little uncertain at times but, I can’t really blame her for that. After all, she is the only Omega in a room full of high-ranking wolves, so of course she’s going to find that a little intimidating, but not once has she let it stand in her way. And she’s strong too. Maybe not physically but, mentally, she’s one of the strongest people I know. Not to mention the fact that her wolf is absolutely amazing… and stunning. She may be small but, damn, she sure has speed. It looked to be hardly any effort at all for her to keep up with me yesterday and, I’m not going to lie, it was impressive. Hell, even Dean struggles to keep up with me sometimes. She’s… she’s kind of perfect actually.

“Hey, babe,” Rachel says, leaning in for a quick kiss before moving to stand beside me.

“Hey… Rach,” I reply awkwardly. “Um, can we talk?”

“Sure…” she agrees, seemingly already picking up on the fact that something’s wrong. She takes my hand whilst turning to her three friends who I think are called Emma, Janie and Stacy. Huh, looks like she made up with Stacy Beckett then. “I’ll catch you girls later, okay?” she says, before we start making our way into the school.

Once inside, I lead her into one of the empty classroom’s and shut the door behind us, letting go of her hand as I do so. I honestly have no idea how this is going to go down…

“What’s going on, babe?” she asks as I turn to look at her, running a hand through my hair.

“Look, Rachel… I don’t think this is going to work…” I say slowly, deciding to just say it as it is. She immediately seems to know what I’m talking about, and I watch as her face falls at the realisation that she’s being broken up with.