Chapter 2 - My Mate's an asshole...

Chapter 2 – My Mate's an asshole...

Lucy's POV

The next day my alarm goes off at seven thirty, snapping me out of the most peacefully amazing sleep I've had in a long while.

Grumbling to myself, I reach for my phone to turn off the most annoying ringing sound ever before collapsing back down onto my pillows and closing my eyes. Before I know it, I'm slowly drifting off to sleep again...

"Luce, get the hell up or we'll be late!" a familiar voice yells, waking me up once again from my slumber.

I groan as a reply and roll over to face the wall, ignoring Jess as she starts attacking me with a pillow.

"All right, all right, I'm up!" I exclaim when I realise that she's really not going to give up.

If you hadn't already guessed, I'm not exactly a morning person.

"What time is it?" I ask, sitting up and running a hand through my crazy bedhead hair.

"Just gone eight, you have half an hour," Jess replies as she starts to leave my bedroom. "And don't you dare go back to sleep misses!" she adds as she closes the door behind her, causing the idea of me having just another ten minutes sleep to evaporate out of my mind. sighing, I scramble out of bed.

My room's pretty alright as far as bedrooms go, I guess. The walls are painted a dark purple, matching my bedspread and my funky fluffy rug that covers my grey carpet in the middle of the room. My double bed's pushed against the right and back wall in the corner of my room, meaning that I can only get out of bed from the one side. My dressing table sits a little way away from my bed against the back wall, just underneath my window, and my wardrobe occupies the other end of my back wall. To the left side of my room are a full length mirror, a bookcase, and a small black leather sofa with some purple cushions decorating it.

Yes, I like to read. There's just something about books... they help me forget my own life and give me the opportunity to jump into someone else's for a while. And that, in itself, is a godsend.

"Luce, you'd better be getting ready!" I hear Amy yell from down the hall.

Since I moved in, I've been occupying the spare bedroom in the house, which has over the years been transformed into a permanent bedroom for me that I can now call home. As I'm in the spare bedroom, though, all the other three main bedrooms are down the other end of the hall from me. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I actually like that I still have the privacy when I need it.

"Yes, I am!" I call back to her, heading over to my wardrobe and picking out a grey tank top, a grey and pink checked shirt, and some blue skinny jeans.

Once I'm changed I grab a hair brush and set to work on taming my crazy hair that seems to be sticking up in every direction possible. It takes about ten minutes to make my hair presentable but, when I finally do get it done, I'm happy with the result as my long auburn hair falls softly around my shoulders.

I quickly decide on only a little bit of foundation for my makeup as I really can't be bothered to go all out with the mascara and the eyeliner.

The next stop is the bathroom, where I brush my teeth in a hurry as I know that I'm starting to run out of time before we need to be leaving the house.

Grabbing a pink neon sock with dark blue stars dotting it and a light blue sock with neon pink polka dots dotting it, I yank them on my feet and pull my black converse on over them.

Finally, I'm ready.

I hurriedly leave the room to find the sisters, remembering to pick up my brown leather shoulder bag that is currently holding my school stuff on the way.