Chapter 22 - Should I trust him?

Chapter 22 – Should I trust him?

Lucy’s POV

I don’t wake up until eleven o’clock on Sunday morning. Thankfully, both Amy and Jess have seemed to understand my need for extreme sleep, so have allowed me to hibernate today for as long as I want without barging into my room like they do on most days.

Groaning slightly, I sigh and sit up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes before clambering out of bed. Once I’ve made myself look as presentable as possible, meaning I’ve half tamed my hair into a messy ponytail and washed my face, I head downstairs in search for breakfast, still dressed in my light blue cotton shorts and oversized T-shirt.

“What time you headed out?” Jess asks as soon as I enter the living room with my bowl of coco pops. She too is still dressed in her pyjamas, so I don’t feel quite as lazy despite the fact that she’s probably already been up for two or more hours.

“Not sure,” I reply, just as Amy walks in fully dressed and as bubbly as ever. “Why?”

“Just wondering,” she says with a shrug. “Do you have any idea where you’re going?”

“Not a clue,” I admit, eating a spoonful of cereal.

“More importantly,” Amy adds in, taking a seat in the armchair. “Do you have any idea what you’re going to wear?”

I roll my eyes and sigh at that.

Of course she’d ask that.

“Nope,” I reply honestly, not really caring how my outfit for the day will look. It’s not like I have to dress up particularly, I mean its Justin for crying out loud, I’m not going to dress up for him.

“Well can we-”

“Nope,” I interrupt her, cutting her off mid-question.

There’s no way in hell that I’m letting them pick out my outfit today. I mean, it’s bad enough when I let them choose my outfit for school, but they’d probably treat this like a date or something, and it is definitely not a date…

Therefore, I do not need a date outfit.

“But-” she argues, and I cut her off before she can get any further.

“No, I’m serious,” I reply. “You’re not going anywhere near my wardrobe today.”

She frowns but decides to keep quiet.

“I’m going up town today,” Jess announces, grabbing both our attentions and effectively changing the subject.

“What for?” I ask, and she shrugs.

“I need to get a few things for school, and there’s this really cute pair of shoes that I’ve been waiting to buy,” she explains. “I’ll only be gone for an hour or two.”

“Seriously guys?” Amy whines. “You’re both ditching me today?”

“Hmm…” I reply. “Being ditched, well I wouldn’t know anything about that now, would I?”

She rolls her eyes at me but can’t stop the slight smirk playing round her lips. “Whatever, it got you a date today, didn’t it?”

“It’s not a date!” I exclaim.

“Whatever,” she repeats wickedly at the same time Jess says, “it’s so a date.”

“It’s not!” I deny.

“What is it then?” Amy challenges with a smirk.

“It’s – it’s…” I try, not really knowing what to say. I’m not sure what it is exactly, but it’s definitely not a date… right? Right. This is Justin Detroit we’re talking about here, and he would definitely not ask a girl like me out on a date. Besides, he’s got Melisa and Rachel and all those other girls, he doesn’t need me.