Chapter 4 - And my life just keeps on getting better...

Lucy's POV

When my alarm goes off at seven in the morning I automatically reach under my pillow to turn it off... only my phone's not there.

I slowly sit up and notice it sitting on top of my bookcase across the room, mocking me.

Oh, right, so I left it there last night so I would have to get out of bed to turn it off because I agreed to go along with this stupid plan which means I have to get up earlier to get ready.

Great.

I groan as I clamber out of bed and turn off the annoyingly loud ringing noise, mentally cursing my stupid plan to get me out of bed.

With my alarm taken care of, I sigh and grab the outfit that Amy and Jess chose for me before heading out of my room and into the bathroom to take a shower.

After washing and conditioning my hair, I exit the shower and wrap myself in a fluffy white towel as I assess myself in the mirror.

I don't look too bad, I suppose. My green eyes are bright and alert and my nine hour sleep has kept any bags from forming under them.

As I brush my teeth, I glare at the shorts sat waiting for me to put them on. I am still not happy with the idea of showing off my legs.

With my teeth brushed I sigh and start to get dressed, first slipping on my underwear before grabbing the white tank top and checked shirt and pulling them on, leaving the shirt unbuttoned. Lastly, I reluctantly pull on the shorts, absolutely dreading today.

Once I'm dressed, I go back to my room to dry and brush my hair before starting on my makeup.

I've decided to not go crazy with the makeup, so I just put on some foundation, a fairly thin layer of eyeliner, and a coat of mascara.

With that done, I'm pretty much ready.

I walk over and slip on the white flats before heading towards the mirror.

"Lucy Jacobs you had better be out of bed!" Amy calls, barging into my room before stopping dead at the sight of me in front of the mirror.

"I don't like it," I complain, turning to face her as Jess enters the room as well.

"You look hot," Amy replies.

"I feel naked," I mutter, looking back at the mirror and tugging down at the bottom of my shorts as they barely seem to reach mid-thigh.

"Well, you look hot," Amy repeats, grabbing my arm and spinning me to face her as she does a quick inspection, a smirk forming on her face. "Really hot, but you still look like you. This is going to drive Justin insane!"

"Ugh!" I moan, walking over to the bed and collapsing down onto it. "Today is going to be awful..."

"No, today's going to be awesome!" Jess corrects. "Now, be ready to leave in ten."

"But it's only eight," I point out. We don't usually leave until half past.

"We know, but we want to get there early today," Amy says with an evil grin.

"I hate you," I sigh.

"No you don't, you love us. Now, hurry up and get your crap together," Jess says before they leave the room to get their own crap together.

Within five minutes I have my school bag and my phone and am downstairs.

"Let's go people!" Amy calls out as she descends the stairs with her sister.