Chapter 20 - What the hell do I do?!

Lucy's POV

I'm woken up on Saturday morning when Amy and Jess both enter my room, throwing the door open with such enthusiasm that is slams against the wall with a loud bang.

"Jesus Christ!" I yelp, jumping about a mile out of my skin as I sit up as fast as I can. When I realise it's only them, though, I drop back down onto the mattress and close my eyes.

"Girls!" I hear Louisa scold from her room down the hallway.

"Sorry mum!" Jess calls back, closing the door much more quietly than Amy opened it.

"Go away," I mumble, rolling over onto my left so I'm facing the wall and pulling the covers over my head. A slight ache starts in my arm from my new position but it's not unbearable, and it's worth it if it makes them get the hint to leave me alone.

What the hell is wrong with these two? Don't they know that the past few days have been exhausting? Especially yesterday, I had to face of a frickin' rogue for god's sake! I need sleep. I need peace and quiet. I need-

"You need to get up," Jess replies. "It's nine o'clock."

"Yeah, on a Saturday morning," I say. "So give me another hour or something."

"No can do," Amy speaks up chirpily, making me roll my eyes despite the fact that they're closed. "We've got to get going, and we need to be quick, our training schedules arrived this morning."

That gets my attention, waking me up a bit more. Well, enough to actually open my eyes, at least.

"Really?" I ask, rolling back over to look at them.

"Yep," she confirms. "It starts at seven this evening, and Justin is going to be our teacher." She winks at me, making me want to just turn to face the wall again and pretend she's not there.

"Come on, Luce," Jess says, rolling her eyes as she makes her way towards my wardrobe. "I thought you wanted to go and see Beck anyway."

"I do," I admit with a sigh.

"Well then," she replies as if that solves everything. "Get dressed and ready." She throws some clothes at me just as I'm starting to sit up, resulting in me getting smacked in the face by a pair of skinny jeans and a red orange and yellow checked shirt.

Well, at least she's letting me wear my usual clothes today.

"Fine, fine," I mutter, pulling the jeans away from my face so I can look at them both. "I'll meet you downstairs in a few. Let me just shower and get changed first."

After giving me their best triumphant smiles, they leave the room to let me get ready.

Jeez, my friends are annoying.

***

Half an hour later, I'm heading downstairs fully dressed and ready in search for Jess and Amy.

"Ready to go?" I ask them when I enter the living room and find them both sat watching TV.

"Yeah," they both reply in synchronisation. They both stand up, and Amy goes to turn off the TV whilst Jess calls out a goodbye to Richard and Louisa.

Then, with that done, we set off.

"So, why do we have to go and see Beck exactly?" Amy asks as we walk towards the forest, trying to break the silence.

"To fill him in on what's happened over the past few days," I explain just as we reach the first line of trees. "And to also see if he's managed to find anything else out for us."