chapter three

_

_

6 years ago

A typical day in my life, whereas my mentally challenged mother beats the living shit out of me and I show up at school and act like I have the perfect little family with the sweetest mother and a present father.

It never gets tiring, it's like expressing and being open about the life I wish I had instead of the life I'm living. No one knows that though, not my closest friend nor my counselor.

Zhaian Chén is perfect.

"Aia, we can't do this." My boyfriend says from across me, a look of pity on his face.

What for? Why am I even not shocked? Boys do this, come to you, be all nice and they act like they love you, so then you give what they want, and they are gone. Alex took my virginity last night and didn't have the decency to wait until I overcome that fact. I may have not acted like it, but I actually liked him. I was starting to love him because he treated me so good.

I stare at him, completely blank and tears already building in my eyes.

"Okay," I say in a unintentionally high voice. My voice wobbles again and it all burns my chest. "I saw it coming, it's okay." I give him a bitter, half smile.

His hazel eyes look into my tear drenched ones, possibly remorse hovering over his.

Maybe I lied, I didn't just like Alex, I actually loved him. But he left me alone last night, bleeding and hurt. He had to tend to urgent matters without even making sure if I was fine. I was so happy about losing my virginity to him but now all I feel is betrayal as I walk away from him, his brown, medium length hair disappearing from the corner of my eye.

God, why are you so mean to me?

_

"Ma'am, it's an emergency." I nod at my assistant and let him sit down on the leather black chair opposite mine.

I nod my head, urging him to go on as I continue to work on my iPad. "Another man has died the same way." My head snaps to him in an instant, his panic filled brown eyes mirroring my own. "What do you mean... I thought we caught him?"

He runs his hand through his light coloured hair. "Yes, but another gone with a rose in the mouth."

This mysterious person has been out there, murdering people with a screwdriver and a white rose, drenched in blood, plunged in between their teeth. If the man whom I had gotten arrested for being a suspect for all these murders is behind bars and if he was the one commiting the crimes then... why are these murders still taking place?

Week after week, month after month, this person strikes, the time I least expect it.

"This can only mean one thing," I tap my iPad pen on my chin. "We got the wrong person." I say. Connor across me nods his head. "We can't keep him locked up if he didn't commit the crimes." I sigh, "get him released and apologize to his wife, Elizabeth for our inconvenience." I dismiss him, my brain brewing with different kinds of things. "I will do so, excuse me." He he passes a tight smile, closing the door on his way out.

I've been hunting and looking for this person, even in highly guarded places he can't be spotted in the cameras.

Whoever this person is, they sure do know how to cover up and hide themselves from the prying eyes. They are equally as skilled if not more than I am in hiding. I'd be a damn failure if I let a fucking human surpass me in skills.

It won't be long until I dig my claws in their neck.

_____

My chapters are different lengths, not consistent so I will upload another chapter tmr or sunday.

What do you think so far, mommy?

Unedited.