chapter twenty

She clung onto me

She clung onto me.

Just like a cute little little koala, her body was attached to mine. "Come on, sweetheart, let's clean up."

She shook her head from my chest. "Come on, it's all sticky and wet." I pat her back softly. "You'll go again." She murmured. A smile rose on my lips. "I promise, I will not." I chuckled.

"You're lying." She sounded like she was about to cry which made instant worry cloud me. I peaked over to see her eyes closed and not a second later, coldness touched my chest. "Are you crying, baby?"

She just choked and gagged on my cock and now she's crying about me leaving her?

Cute.

I sit up with her still clinging onto me like I'd fade the exact second she'd let go. "I'm not going anywhere." I reassured. "I only left for so long because I had some work."

She opened her dark eyes and blinked up at me, her eyelashes wet. She looked so sad but I must admit, I was having nothing but inappropriate thoughts. "She wiped her tears on my chest and detached herself from me. "S-sorry."

She used her hand to remove the wetness from my skin, she looked raw and overwhelmed. "I think I'm getting my period."

My brow raises curiously. She changes emotions as fast as she changes clothes.

She gets up and away from me, I used the time to her put my slacks back on. "I'm sorry about that... I—" She doesn't have any justification for her action but I know exactly. I knew what I was doing when I treated her the way I did. My soul is lonely, it needs a broken one to quench its loneliness. A girl like Zhaian doesn't take much effort to please, all she needs is someone who listens.

But she doesn't think anyone will ever listen to her because she feels as if she doesn't deserve that much kindness. A girl who doesn't know her potential is a piece of cake.

A broken heart that needs some warmth. She can't get it from me because I'm made of ice, I'll break it further, and harder and better.

"It's okay, I'll help you finish. Since I interrupted." I give her a cheeky half smile.

She barely smiles, she just turns around and heads to the kitchen. I follow her.

. . .

She cleaned the countertops, wiped the dishes and took all the papers out. While I cleaned the dishes and put them in the dishwasher.

She stopped cleaning the counter and winced as she stumbled back. "Ow, ow, ow." She breathed.

I rush to her side.

"What's wrong, are you okay?"