chapter thirty-two

Double update for my baes 💋

"Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty

"Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty." My brain can't comprehend the pain I'm in but I can make out the deep, Russian-accented male voice that speaks from above or in-front of me.

My eyes flutter, my eyelids feeling heavy and throat dry.

I immediately start coughing, and it causes tears to raise to my eyes. "Wa-water," I rasp. I try moving my hands but they feel restricted. I attempt to move my feet and they feel the same. When light seeps into my eyes, I feel everything all at once.

The sting on my neck, the pain from the rough rope binding my hands to a wooden chair. My head throbs and my limbs feel frozen.

"Here," a glass is shoved in front of me. He puts it against my lips and I open my mouth to take a few gulps.

I just hope it's not drugged, it probably is.

"Open your mouth." He sits on a smaller chair in front of me and holds a plate of food in front of me.

Toasted brown bread, eggs and awfully cooked bacon. "I'm fine." I decline the jail-looking meal. I'd rather starve. "We don't need you becoming a stick within the first few days," he said. "Eat your fucking food before I shove it down your throat." He grit his teeth.

"I. Am. Fine." I seethe, my eye glaring into his dark ones with intensity. I want to smash his head.

My left cheek stings and my head whips to the side as he slaps me across the face. I look back at him with the same eyes, trying to not show a weakness that will be used against me in future.

I feel the pain spread to the top of my head but I still act like I felt nothing.

"What a man you are." I smile, feeling and tasting blood in my mouth. I know my teeth are coloured red. "Abusing your power against a woman." My voice hardens and his jaw clenched. "Who is clearly tied up," I say, "Untie me and we will see who holds the upper hand." I was asking for death on a golden platter, this man is three times my size and will most definitely crush me in his palm.

He moves closer to me and grabs my chin with his hand. "Listen to me and listen good," he starts. "I am not here for ring-fights, so stop whatever violent thoughts running through your pretty head, yeah?"

I smile sickly, "what a pussy."

I feel the same pain of his slap on the same cheek and my head spins.

Blood tickles down my nose and the metallic taste of blood get more intense. I spit it out next to me and watch his eyes harden. "Didn't mean to spoil your floor." I pout.

He throws the plate across the room and the food splatters everywhere.

When the door closes behind him, my eyes burn with tears.

Not so emotionless after all.

. . .

The water was drugged.

I wake up to talking around me and a sore neck due to sleeping-passing out-in one position for hours.

"She's valuable, Diego," a deeper male voice says. "Sexy body and pretty face, she'll make some good money in the club." The man from earlier speaks. "Get her cleaned, we will move her to where the rest of the girls are."

"In the mean time she will work in the club until I get some good use for her." His rough fingers touch my chin and I want to jerk away but I'm still under the influence of the drugs. "Maybe auction her off, or keep her to myself," He releases a sick laugh. "Take a little taste of the girl that drove Hernandez nuts."

The mention of Zade has my brain running.

"And see what's so special about her before selling her to some rich man."

"Sounds like a plan." Diego-the man from earlier- splashes ice-cold water on my face and I gasp for air as the coldness engulfs me. I'm thrown into full consciousness and blink out of my misery.

"Don't try to act smart with now," he points his finger at me in warning. "In here, actions have consequences. You say or do something you weren't instructed to do; you face the aftermath." He nods towards me. "Understood?"

I whip myself away from his hand. "Don't touch me."

"Ah-ah, you don't do that." He tsk-ed. "Remember your pretty little niece?" My teeth grind together at the mention of Angelica. My red eyes snap to his in warning. "Don't you lay a finger on her."

"My men are never too tired for some young pussy," he grins and shrugs. "Heard she's been raped before..." he shook his head. "Hard-headed like you, huh?"

"Get her name out of your filthy mouth." I grit. I swear if he lays his dirty hands on her I will burn him to dust. "Relax," he pets my hair. "Do as I say and we will have absolutely no problems with each other, yeah?"

I am obliged to nod to his condition and do whatever he tells me to do.

Please come soon, Zade.

. . .

I showered and changed my clothes, all while he watched and analysed me. "Come," He signals towards me.

This time I don't fight him because if I work according to my mind, I'll lose a lot more than if I obey. Are these people an enemy of Zade's? They mentioned him earlier so they have to be, I've never dealt with Russians my entire life.

What the fuck do they want from me? What did I do?

Would you prefer they took Zade instead?

No, they shouldn't hurt him...

You're so impulsive. Do things for everyone and anyone. Stop to think about yourself for once.
You aren't the heroine in this story.

My heart aches and blood rushes, I care about him, even though he might not give a shit about me now, I still want him and I'd accept him with open arms if he showed up to my doorstep with a worthless apology like he always did. He would leave me for a little while and then come back and act like he was never not there.

I never thought much of it until now. The blood in his hands, the scars and injuries on his body... he is involved in something dangerous.

Something that will eventually destroy the both of us and what we had.

Something that will eventually crush my love for him.

__

I shall upload on Friday again my lovely wives.

Any predictions on what will happen?

Just pretend today is Wednesday, I might not have Wi-Fi tmr to upload ☹️

Have a lovely week💋❤️