chapter twenty-two

I thought she was joking when she told me about moving to Tokyo for a month

We fell asleep together five nights ago, I got up before here and left so she doesn't feel remorse. When I came back she was packing her clothes and she looked so much better. She looked more content. She had a call with Conner this morning and he told her that the murders had come to a halt. But here I stand now, in the middle of her empty house with a bouquet of fresh flowers to replace the dying ones.

I pour myself a glass of scotch and take a seat on her lush couch. I set the glass down and take out my laptop. I pull up to her phone and see her current location.

This isn't so hard.

It gives me all the details of the place and I quickly share her location with me. I send it to my phone the pack my laptop away.

This penthouse feels lifeless without her.

My brain throbs when I think of her. The way she turned me down when I was being civil took a twist on me.

It's not that I stopped killing people as a hobby, I just stopped publicising it to give my girl a well deserved break. I don't want her to fall for a lie. I'm tired of pretending to be someone I'm not just to get the softer and naive side of her.

The truth is I'm a maniac. I'm fucking messed up.

After that night she made me realise two things; that she knew I was out for something. And two; she doesn't understand my desperation for her.

And it drove me insane to no halt.

"Smith, get my jet ready in thirty minutes." I hung up the call and took my shit.

A cloud of darkness fell over me and all of a sudden, I didn't see her as my princess or the girl who makes my heart ache. I saw her as Zhaian, the girl who led me on just to break me apart all those years ago.

I want to fucking end her, I want to kiss her until her lips rip, I want to shove my gun so far down her throat... I want to hurt her so bad. I want her to bleed, I want her to cry, I want her to fucking break.

The same way I did. I want her to feel her heart draining of all blood, her eyes to run out of tears and for body to leak out of all emotion.

I want to end her. And I fucking will.

. . .

She came to Tokyo with her sister and Angelica. I put my laptop away after declining a line up of criminals hoping for me to fight their court cases. Being a lawyer sucks ass. I hate the profession, I hate the stupid fat judge that gets bribed easily and lets everyone get away with everything.