chapter thirty-eight

I'm my own person

I'm my own person.

I never realized just how much of a person I could be by myself. All my life I was dependent on someone to hold me up. I thought I could make it alone, always had a plant implanted in my head that I needed some kind of support, emotional or even mental.

Whether be my sister, my father, my friend, or even Zade.

There was a time in my life when I felt like I wouldn't make it far without them. I forgot just how strong I can be. I forgot my worth and abilities because I thought I needed to sun to reflect on me so I could shine.

In the end, they've always proven to never be the support I needed. The strength I sought and the love I wanted.

Diego is just a man, a stupid man.

He thought chasing me into the woods would make me somehow surrender. Hell no.
I need to go back and get Kim. She's my best friend now. I can't escape without her.

We are not far from the mansion, maybe a twenty-minute run from here. It's already been fifteen and I see wood from the far end.

I don't know where I lost Diego but I can't care less, I took his gun, and I'm killing every one of these motherfuckers who hurt her. And that woman who owns all of this. She deserves to be tortured to no extent, she deserves to know how it feels to feel like you're slowly dying even though you are not.

I shoot the three guards at the entrance and jog up the little stairs leading to the back door.

I fight with the door for a few minutes and walk inside, as usual, the rapists were watching soccer while some girls were hanging around them, looking unhappy but forced to wear a smile. I put the safety of the gun on and off, sweat trailing down my body, my chest rising and falling rapidly. I shoot all five of them in the neck or in between their eyes.

The girls scream, at the scene, blood everywhere and splattered brain contents. Everyone in the rooms comes out and I shoot everywhere, making sure I'm only killing men. I don't know how many bullets this fucker contains, so I go and look for my best friend. "Kim!" I yell. "Kim!!" She opens the room and I drag her, Anyone who wants to follow will, if they don't that's their problem.

"Aia... Aia!!" She shouts, enquiring where we are going, but I pull her, We are both barefoot, my feet are bleeding, my throat is dry and I don't know if I am crying or my eyes are sweating too. We run out the door and go into the forest.

I ignore all of Kim's protests and just continue running, thorns in my flesh and stubbing my toe every once in a while against a stone.