chapter thirty-seven

As expected, Volkov hatched out of his egg and flew to rescue his love

As expected, Volkov hatched out of his egg and flew to rescue his love. And I'm not talking about his wife, not even his daughter; but his seventeen-year-old girlfriend.

I was right there, on his couch when he burst in through the door, a cigarette in between my lips. "What the fuck is your problem?" He yelled with his thick Russian accent.

"What's yours, Volkov?" I said calmly, blowing the smoke out through my mouth and nose. "Where is Luna?" He almost growled at me. "Somewhere in my house, walking around in my shirt, happier than ever."

"Quit fucking around and give her to me." He scrunches my shirt in his palms.

I kill the flame of my cigarette on his expensive leather couch and stare up at him. "You know you're very old, Volkov," I said. "She needed something you couldn't offer, something like stamina." I lick my front teeth, removing his hand from my shirt.

"Don't play smart, I know you didn't touch her." He smiled victoriously. Stupid Russian. "You're way too whipped and smitten over that girl." True.

"That doesn't stop my friends from doing what they want though." I shrug, standing to hover over him. "Let's cut to the chase."

"Give me my girl and I'll let yours go."

"Untouched?" He asked. "I don't want you or anyone to touch her."

"Why's that? You watched as mine got assaulted, I also want to have my fun."

I'm not that wicked, Luna and her sister are in my warehouse, but the premium part of it. They're living life like normal people in an advanced prison cell. I don't torment them or anything, if anything, I told Daniel to buy them MacDonalds yesterday. "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh yes, I would." I release a breathy laugh to mock him. "She's quite an angel," I say, "No one would expect her to be sleeping around with her sister's husband."

"I'm warning you right now—" he shortens his sentence, "Give my girl back to me." I shrug. "Matter of fact, get her on the line, or..." I point my fingers toward him, making it look like a gun.

I lift it out and make a shooting noise.

He will act rationally, he won't think about the possibilities or outcomes that his actions will cause. He wants to save his minor girlfriend. He whips his phone out and unlocks it, I click the red button on in my pocket and the smoke fills the room, and while he is scrolling through his contacts to find the one he starts coughing. He ignores the signs, but it gets so foggy he starts stumbling.

"What the fuck?!" He yells, coughing in between his words. I also cough like I'm getting affected, I took the vaccine twenty minutes ago. I snatched his phone from his hold and he tried to get it from me but he collapsed on the white tiles.

Diego.

I tap on the contact and send a message.

Bring Zhaian to this location, I found a good use for her.