chapter fourty-one

I knew Zade had money, loads of it; but I never thought he'd live in a house—mansion— this beautiful

I knew Zade had money, loads of it; but I never thought he'd live in a house—mansion— this beautiful. Not only is it beautiful, it looks expensive and the air here just feels luxurious.

He forced me into his arms so he could carry me as he walks down the the little sidewalk leading to the giant glass doors, claiming I would hurt my feet more that they already where.

What am I doing?

My mind drifts off and I catch sight of a beautiful white rose garden. The flowers are so healthy and bright, anyone would want them. I wonder where he has the time to take care of them, or maybe he has servants or gardeners or something. He's a busy man, there's no way he does everything by himself.

"Are you hungry?" He asked as he scanned his thumb so the doors would unlock.

"No." I say, I think I've gotten used to eating once every week, I don't have an appetite for anything anymore. Not even the mention of my favourite food makes me feel having it.

"Okay," He says. "I told Anne to make you some lasagna, I can't cook today." He agreed to me not being hungry and went on to tell me what there was to eat.

This man?

"I said I'm not hungry."

"And I'm not taking that."

I shut up when his voice hardened. "Sor—" He cut me off harshly. "Don't finish that word."

We both inside the house when I break free from his hold and stand on my own feet. "Don't tell me what to do, you have no fucking right." I grit.

He slept with another woman behind my back.

Those words repeated in my head over and over again, until my chest rose and fell, my eyes burned and all the betrayal made my lungs feel constructed. I've never been one to cry this easy. But, man, my heart is broken.

So broken.

"Baby, talk to me." He comes closer to me but I stumble back, not wanting him close to me.

"I called you, Zade." I whisper, so low I thought he wasn't going to hear me. "I called you..." I repeat, not having to say what I had to say next.

"What are you talking about? What do you mean you called me? You never called—"

"How would you know?" I said. "You were too busy tangled up in sheets with another woman... you were too busy to even listen to me... you—" I stop talking and cough because I'm not breathing enough. He has this confused look on his face, like I'm speaking Chinese to him.

"What are you talking about?" He furrows his brows, "I've never gotten a call from anyone but Daniel—" He stops midway when his eyes snap in realisation. "Good job, Sherlock!" I clap my hands sarcastically for him with a smile on my face.

We've been working all night, I even called the best people in my team so they scan some of the things for clues

We've been working all night, I even called the best people in my team so they scan some of the things for clues. This girl, I don't even know her name, she's been here since six in the afternoon and it is now two am. All the others left because they had certain things to do.

She's a little... too touchy.

She speaks in a baby voice and she always wants to be close to me when she's asking a question. It's so annoying, and I've been trying to get her to go home, but she's still here—

My thoughts are shaken by my phone ringing. It's a unsaved number and I get up and walk to the window to answer it. "Hello." I don't know who this person is and I certainly didn't care, I need to finish what I'm doing so I can find my girl.

There's no one talking on the other side so I retrieve my phone from my ear and look at the number. Strange enough, it's from Russia.

I know no one from there.

"Is anyone there?" I say again. "Zade come back here." The girl in the black ground drags out her words. Making it sound like she's somehow entitled to me.

I drop the call and return to my laptop.

I hate spam calls.

I'm so stupid. How did I not know? The number was from Russia, I didn't think I—

"Why did you come for me if you had someone else at the back of your mind?"

Her tone dropped to sounding sad and hopeless.

It reminded me of the time after our prom night, after she told me that she was only with me because she wanted her ex to feel jealous.

The betrayal, sacrifice and hatred; that's all washed up and only one thing remained in my heart for her is a feeling ineffable. I didn't not and shall not betray my lover like she betrayed me.

So I tell her, everything; everything I planned, my obsession, my thoughts and revenge. I tell her everything and even if she hates me; she will not leave me.

Even if she wants to, this might be the first time I will say no to her.

__

I kinda love him after all that he did🫤

I'm too lazy to proof read I'm so sorry for all the grammar errors 😭😭