chapter seventeen

Not a single word was passed between us as soon as we got back in our seats

Not a single word was passed between us as soon as we got back in our seats. I was drowning in a river of remorse. While he, well he looked just like he did before everything happened. Cold.

The wind from his opened window brushed across my skin, leaving goosebumps in its absence. I lay my head on the window and rub my arm with one hand so I can soothe it. I felt his stare on me for a second and the window rolled up.

I wish I was as comfortable as I was with him an hour ago, in the museum.

I liked how he listened to me, he looks interested and asked me questions. I enjoyed it.

He took my mind off my current situation that will dawn on me as soon as I step foot in my office. I wanted to say so much but I... I couldn't. I don't know if it's because I'm scared of being judged or I'm scared to being judged by him. I treated him so bad in high school. I called him names and played terrible pranks on him.

And now all of the sudden he offers me nothing but the best. He's being nothing but good to me ever since we met again.

The stalking terrified me for a moment I didn't realise when it started to excite me. I've gotten used to him being there every night, watching me, that I felt sick when he never showed up for three weeks after he ate me out in the backseat of his car.

Men sure do know how to make a woman feel like shit.

"Good night, Angie." I kiss the side of her forehead. I was going through some shit right now but I needed to prioritise Angelica's education and upcoming birthday party before my own sob story.

I haven't caught a glimpse of him in quite a while, his cocky smirk or mischievous eyes.

. . .

It a normal Friday morning and I have this day to myself. I called my sister and told her about the complications but she has so much trust in me that she said she believed I could find him. God, I was trying.

I just came back from the gym, my life felt so dull without him in it to make me frustrated.

What if something bad happened to him and here I was, thinking about him like he belonged to be attached to me at all time.

I don't even miss him. Matter of fact, I'm glad he's gone.

Fuck him, I don't care if anything happened to him. He probably deserves it.

. . .

My week went past in a blur but Angelica's birthday party was the best thing.

It's open to anyone who's willing to come and the theme is black, and then the lovely birthday girl wears white so she looks like a bright light amongst the dark. "Aia, are you sure it's not too short?" She tries to pull her dress down. "There is no such thing as too short, baby, if you like it, wear it."

She nods smiles at me. "Thank you."

She deserves this, she came second in top ten and it's only her first year. God, I'm proud of her.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, to youuuuu." I recognise the soft voice of my sister from the door. "Mom?" Angelica's smile widened and her two dimples deepened on her cheeks. She ran towards her mother and have her the tightest hug ever.

"Happy birthday, my little dove." She giggled, pinching her cheeks. "Look at you, all grown and sixteen."

"Thank you." Angelica grinned. "I got you this... you loved it as a child."

Hannah held out a teddy bear with a bow on its neck. "Yes." Angelina breathed, nothing but happiness in her eyes.

Hannah look so much better, healthier and happier. Her hair looked smooth and her skin actually had colour this time.

Still, Jeremiah was no where to be found. I assume he changed his name after he moved away.

If that was the case, then, I'll never be able to find him.

Either that or I will have to reach out to Smithson Technology.

"Come on, drama queens, everyone is waiting for the birthday girl!"

_

I will not describe the party bc that's just boring (to me) but here is what they wore

Birthday girl (Angelica)

Aia

(I'm so sorry but that's the better dress I saw, leave links for other BLACK dresses if you find some that look better, I'd appreciate it)

Have a lovely day🩷🌸 / night🩶☕️