chapter eighteen

The evening was enjoyable and full of life, I met Angelica's friend; Cassidy and I can positively say that Angelica had the time of her life

The evening was enjoyable and full of life, I met Angelica's friend; Cassidy and I can positively say that Angelica had the time of her life. "She can stay by mine for the weekend, I'd love to have some company." Hannah says.

She had spoken about how she moved into a good, comfortable apartment in the middle of the city. She said it was cheap and very lively. I had no problem with her wanting Angelica to stay by here for a few days. "Of cause, if she's fine with it."

"I'd appreciate it, mom." Angelica smiled, "I just need to pack a few clothes and we'll be good to go."

With that said, she and Cassie head up the stairs while laughing and talking to each other. "You looked amazing, tonight, Annie."

"Thank you." She smiled with her eyes.

. . .

The penthouse was empty now. Papers, ballon's and plastics everywhere. Yes, I had Maria to help but I will feel less of a human if I just decide to go to sleep and leave this here.

I run my hands through my hair as I walk up the stairs, loosening my scalp. I'm going to shower and change, then I'll make my way down these stairs and clean up the mess after the party. When Maria arrives tomorrow, she will just clean the guest rooms so it's less of a stressful day for her. Good.

I've cleaned my face free of makeup and I washed my hair. My black roots are resurfacing again, but they looked good mixed in the strands of ginger. Maybe I should just go back to my natural hair colour.

You look pretty in red

Images of him spill in my brain once again. I hated him, him an his dimpled smile, perfect teeth and taunting eyes. I do everything ten times more aggressively, drying my hair, putting it in a ponytail, rampaging through my clothes until I find my favourite pair of pjs.

After seeing the condition they're in, I go for a large t-shirt over lace panties.

My head whips to the side when I see a shadow slide past my curtains. My heart thunders in my chest, but I choose to ignore it. The possibility of this shadow being Zade makes me approach the curtains and lift a little bit so I can peak through. I can't let my emotions guide me to the wrong the wrong direction, but the buzzing in my heart lulls to quietness when the balcony is as empty and neat as it always is.

He's gotten into my head so much that I'm starting to hallucinate.

I finish applying my skin moisturiser then I open the door and head down the spiral stairway.

. . .

I'm half way done with my cleaning, meaning, I managed to take all of the trash into plastics and plastic cutlery into trash bags. I didn't want the guests eating cake in my five hundred dollar plates and forks. Call me selfish.

The hairs at the back of neck went erect, and the smell of fresh, wet sand mixed with smoke engulfed my senses.

I turn my head around with a soft whisper of his name.