chapter thirty-one

TRIGGER WARNING:
The following chapters may be harmful or triggering for some as it includes sensitive topics and graphic description of those topics. Please adhere to this warning as it is the only one you will be getting for what you're about to read. I don't want to say too much and make this a spoiler, just be aware.

If you forgot, go back to the very beginning of the book and re-read the warnings.

What happened here?

I'm currently watching over Zhaian's house footage—that I haven't checked in almost three days... I have my reasons.

After she called that night, that was the last time I've seen her or heard of her.

Bottles of alcohol are scattered all over her place and everything is a mess, not like Zhaian at all. She always cleans up the day after. But the house remained in the same state for the next four days. No footage of her leaving the bar or going up to her room. She just sort of... disappeared.

There is no footage of her getting up from the chair and moving up to her room and out the door. The footage was deleted, she can't just vanish into thin air and not show up in her own house for four days.

"Daniel!" I call out, he instantly bursts in my room with a horrid expression. "What happened?"

"Something happened to her." I get straight to the point. "Please try and revive the deleted footage from four nights ago while I go and check up on her."

He agrees and gets straight to work, while I collect my keys and speed down the road until I reached her doorstep.

I punch in the code and it gives me no problems; she hasn't changed it yet. She usually changes it every Monday.

When the door revealed her penthouse to me, it look exactly like it did on the footage. Zhaian can't live in a dirty house, that's for sure. She may have been busy but I know she always finds time to make sure her place is clean.

I'm in a state of panic as I dial her number on my phone. It's rings twice before I notice that it's vibrating in the same room I'm in.

I race up the many stairs and search every single room. "Zhaian! Aia!" I call out her name. "Baby, I'm sorry, please!" Still no response. "Come out, please."

"I'll do anything you ask me to, just..." my voice breaks and I lose all hope.

"Where are you?" I whisper to myself as I run my hand through my hair and breathe through my mouth.

There's only one person in this wide world that I have bad blood with, and that is him. Only he would do something like this—

My phone rings in my hand and Daniel's name shines on the screen. "She's gone." He says, defeat dancing in his voice.

"What do you mean? What the fuck are you saying?!" Rage filtered my words. "He took her,"Daniel said, "Santiago Volkov has her."

Volkov.

"Send me the footage."

He drops the call and while I wait for the videos to load, I still go looking in some of the rooms, hoping maybe she's playing a sick prank on me.

The video starts and it's her drinking at the bar in her penthouse, her eyes darting to her phone every once in a while, as if she was expecting a call.

Some time pass and she still glances at her phone.

Was she expecting my call?

I was in the middle of killing someone, I'm so sorry, baby.

She drinks a lot more, her brown eyes losing life with each passing glass.

She looked at the door, and her eyes lit up.

She immediately rushed to it and got it unlocked. She mouthed my name and then an expression of shock. A man stood outside her door, dressed in black from head to toe and a mask covering his face. He pulled her out by her arm and injected something in her neck.

She was inebriated, or else he would've failed to take her out.

The next video is from the CCTV footage outside her house.

He pulled her over his shoulder and threw her unconscious body in the boot of his car. A small, black Honda, and it was injured on the side. He pushes her inside and closed the door. He looked around before he rushed to the drivers seat and rushed away. As he reversed, I paused to catch his number place.

It was vague and blurry, but I could make out the letters. I take screenshots of it and send it to Daniel.

Me:
Find the location of this car.

I'm probably too late right now. I know he left long ago and probably has her in a discrete place. Maybe he hurt her, or possibly killed her.

But I know he did something to her. Volkov is sick. He is a bastard, a heartless son of a bitch.

Because of my fucking negligence and so-called revenge plan.

Fuck everything, including revenge and everything I planned. This was supposed to point whereby I turn my back and leave her to suffer the consequences. But I changed my mind, I don't want her to hurt, I want to have her with me.

If she's meant to be hurt, I'll do the honours. No one else will take that privilege away from me. She meant to be mine.

She always meant to be mine.

__

Y'all about to face some real heartbreak😓👎

Stay strong queen😝😇

Eat something or you'll starve☹️ sleep, and love yourself cause no one will😹🩷

🥺🥰😝jk😐😍☺️

I love you bae😩

Have a lovely day/night, 💐
I'm very hyper rn.