chapter thirty-nine

I called Daniel and told the rest of the men to stop searching, He drove the car and parked it closer

I called Daniel and told the rest of the men to stop searching, He drove the car and parked it closer. I've been muttering words of insurance in her ear, but she didn't stop crying, she didn't feel like her. It felt like I was carrying a stranger and not my Zhaian.

I don't know how to explain it, she just felt different somehow somewhere.

I have my little princess back, but it feels like I am carrying a dead corpse.

. . .

"What happened to her?" The balding Asian man asked after he finished inspecting her visible wounds. "I believe that is nothing you should be concerned about." I sigh. He may be the best doctor I have, but he is nosy as hell. "Considering I am her doctor at the moment I think I should know-"

"Just do your job, sir." I cut him off. He nods with a defeated sigh.

"She is very weak and lacks energy, like she hasn't been eating, any mental illnesses involved?"

"No."

"Okay... the wounds on her feet are really deep and some of them have been infected. It will take time for them to fully heal, so make sure she doesn't stand on her feet for the next three to four days and change the bandages regularly. Apply the ointment and please... feed her."

I grew up with this man and he thinks I'm cruel. Why does everyone assume I'm cruel? Do I look like someone who's cruel?

I roll my eyes internally and watch him leave the room.

I take a sit beside her and watch her, she had dressed bandages on her face, her lip was busted and she had bags under her eyes.

She looks beautiful. Injured or not, she's still my girl.

And I love h—

I stop my thoughts, snapping back into reality.

What?

There is no such thing as love, I don't love Zhaian, I just have separation anxiety and I don't her away from me. Maybe I'm a little obsessed but that's about it.

I don't love her. I just like her and like being around her more than I would prefer. She just happens to be the best person in my life who I like the most. I don't love her. I don't love anything.

I don't see myself saying anything about love to anyone. I don't think I'm capable of doing so.

I brush her soft hair out of her face and run my thumb through her soft skin.

I missed her so much, I missed seeing her smile, hearing her cheerful voice, and looking into her beautiful eyes. I don't know how I planned to just dump her and move on with my life before, but now I know it's impossible. I cannot breathe when she is not near, I feel trapped and overwhelmed without her. I don't know how I survived these few weeks without burning every inch of this world to find her.