Chapter Eight

"Jordan, we've decided that we're going to the pool since your video took up half of our day already and MagCon starts tomorrow." Hayes complains as I stalk out of the bathroom.
"But, I-" I begin.
"Nope, you're coming with us." Mahogany interrupts me as she kicks everyone out so we can change.

"I really hate you sometimes, you know that." I joke whilst changing into my bathing suit.
"Sure you do. Now hurry up! We're meeting them there." She rushed me as I tie my hair into a mid-ponytail and follow her out the door, quickly grabbing my belongings.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" Mahogany asks as we walk into the elevator.
"I'm not quite sure how you'd explain how I feel right now." I tell my friend. "I guess you could say that I'm really nervous, but I'm actually equally excited because this is something Jacob and I have wanted for so long." I smile inwardly.
"Don't worry about the nerves. Once you're up there with us you won't even notice all the people staring at us." Mahogany informs.

"Ha ha, thanks Mahogany." I joke as she pushes open the pool doors to reveal all of the guys, completely shirtless.
I make eye contact with Mahogany, and I notice that she can sense the shock vibrating off of me, causing her to laugh.
"Oh come on!" She nudges my side and walks towards the group.

"Jordan! Mahogany!" The pair of us turn to face Carter and Matt in the pool with the others.
"Yeah?" Mahogany asks.
"Come and play Water Wars with us." Matt calls with pleading eyes and I turn towards the girl beside me.

"Do you want to?" I ask.
"Of course! Come on." She replies whilst we both remove our dresses and reveal our bikinis.
"Oh my gosh, Mahogany your body is amazing!" I quietly gush to her as we slide into the pool.
"You're not too bad yourself, little miss Whitesides." She smiles and splashes water in my direction.

"So we did paper, scissors, rock, to see who goes with who and Mahogany you're with me." Matt smiles widely at Mahogany and they high-five.
"Cartah." I announce cheekily.
"Yes, my fair lady?" He quizzes, playing along with my role-play.
"Let us kick some booty!" I cheer.

Carter then swam underwater so I could climb on his shoulders to face Mahogany when he was above water yet again.

"Ready?" Matt asks us girls.
"Ready."
"3...2...1" Carter began counting.
"Go!" Mahogany and I shout as we start to push each other whilst on the guy's shoulders.

"I'm so weak." I fake cry.
"Don't worry Jordan." Carter reassures from beneath me. "I got this." He winks. I share a wary look with Mahogany before we go back to shoving each other.
"Matt! You aren't helping!" She whines before kicking Carter in the shoulder.

"Hey, that's unfair." Carter whines.
"Are there any rules against it?" Matt asks whilst shoving Carter and I, almost causing me to fall backwards.
"Are there even rules?" I wonder.
"Nope." Carter smirks at the same time that he pushes Matt down. Unfortunately for me, Mahogany ended up pushing me underwater and we all landed on top of each other.

"We beat you! We beat you!" Is all I can hear as I resurface.
"Oh hush." I poke my tongue out at the pair.
"Aw, don't pout. We're still the best team out." Carter hugs me from behind.
"That was so cute, it even rhymed." Matt gushes like a fanboy.

"Guys, come and play with us!" Mahogany calls for the rest of the group.
"But, there are thirteen of us." Aaron states as everyone came together.
"Oh that's okay, I'll sit this one out." I smile at the group before getting out of the pool and checking my phone. 

Twelve new messages! "Shit." I gasp whilst flicking through the texts.

FROM: Mumma Whitesides
Sweetie, you and Nash make such a cute couple!

I stared at my phone gobsmacked. "I will reply to you later." I speak to myself as I open the other eleven text messages.

TO: Mel, Bay, Abbi, Jac, Jords

Bay: What is this? A new best friend? And he's a guy! :P
Abbi: Nash is so adorable, you should date him x
Mel: Yeah you guys would make the perfect couple!!
Abbi: Jacob? Jordan?
Bay: They're probably busy replacing us ;)
Mel: Just remember guys that I'm the favourite XD
Abbi: Oh you wish Mel!
Bay: What are you saying? I'm the favourite!
Abbi: Hate to break it to you, but you will never be the favourite! That's me, right guys? <3
Bay: Jords you better not ditch me for Nash! I need my best friend!!
Mel/Abbi: Aww Bay!

Jords: WOAH! Hey guys! I miss you soo much! Just to clarify you are all equally my favourites :P And secondly....NASH AND I ARE JUST FRIENDS! Do you know even mum texted me! Bay, don't worry I'll never leave you <3 xx

"Ahh!" Hayes shouts after getting pushed into the pool, resulting in a lot of laughter.
"Hey Jacob! When you get the chance answer the group." I instruct before taking a seat on a pool chair to ring mum.

"You have reached the message bank of +1 615..." The phone speaks back in a monotone voice.
"Damn it voicemail." I puff, disappointed that I'll have to wait longer to talk to my mum and Logan. "Please leave a short one-minute message after the beeeeep." The phone demands.

"Hey mum, hey Logan! I was just calling to say that we both miss you and that we are having the most amazing time ever. I see that you've watched our latest video and no mum, just no. Nash is my friend so please drop it; Bay, Mel, and Abbi have already started and I don't need you two to continue it." I playfully warn. "Hope you're both well and we'll call again soon. Love you both, mwah!"

"Mahogany!" Johnson cries out, causing me to drop my phone and run towards my friends.
"What, what happened?" I ask in a panic.
"She just went under with a shock, and she's not responding to us." Shawn starts to freak out.
"Oh gosh, guys do something." I beg, dropping down beside Mahogany on the edge of the pool.

"What do we do? Someone just do something!" Cameron began pacing.
"Jacob, come here." I call my brother beside me. "We know CPR, we can do this?" I state with a question.

"I-I, Jordan I-I." He stutters.
"Jacob, I can't do this by myself." I plead, earning a nod in response. I begin to pump her chest as Jacob shakingly counts it out. 

"Come on, come on." I grunt after a minute. "Guys. I can't do this, please do something." I stop pumping.
"Jordan, you're doing so well, you can do this." Taylor points out as he places a reassuring hand on my shoulder.  

I look down at the frizzy-haired figure and take in a small breath before beginning to pump her chest again.
"Please, Mahogany." I breathe. "Pleas-" Mahogany gasping and coughing up water cuts me off.
"Mahogany!" The guys shout with relief as I scurry away from the group, shaking too much to do anything else. 

"Oh gosh." I breathe out in relief as I stand with my face in my hands.
"Jordan?" A voice asks as I am embraced into a tight hug. "Calm down, it's over." 
"Jack?" I question with an unsteady voice.

"Yeah." He replies softly. I lift my head to face Gilinsky as he slowly lets go of me. "What's wrong?"
"I never want to, to d-do that to one of my friends again." I puff as my breathing slows and I wipe my face. "I didn't even realize I was crying."
"You started, just when you were going to give up, but you pushed through. That's the most courageous thing you could do for her." Gilinsky reassures me.

"I just freaked out. I was already startled from texts that my friends said about Nash, and then mum wouldn't pick up the phone, and then this." I choke out before sliding down against the wall.
"It's okay, calm down." He speaks as he slides down beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.
"Thank Jack, you're the best." I praise the boy beside me.

"So what is this about Nash?" He asks cheekily, causing me to shove him.
"Nothing. My friends and mum just sent me texts about how 'Nash and I would make a cute couple', and that 'we're perfect for each other'." I mock the conversations.
"Well, you guys are cute." Gilinsky comments. "Nash, has a crush on you."

"What? No way?" I deny.
"He's told me before. And you guys really hit it off. Nash isn't normally like that." He answers.
"Really?" I wonder. "But Jack, I don't like him like that, and I don't want to hurt his feelings. What should I do?"

"Nothing! Do and say nothing. He doesn't need to know that I told you so hush." Gilinsky instructs whilst getting to his feet. "For now, go hug Mahogany." He offers me his hand before leading me to the rest of the group.