Chapter Thirteen

"Good morning Jordan." Taylor whispers groggily into my hair.
"Mhmm, morning." I respond, snuggling closer into his chest. "Do we need to get up right now?"
"I'm afraid we do, Tweedledum and Tweedledee said so." The brunette informs.

"Tweedledum and Tweedledee?" I question, looking towards the doorway with curiosity. Standing at the door, I spot Johnson and Gilinsky wearing matching grins. I groan, burying my head in Taylor's chest. "You two." I puff and pull the bed sheets higher around my shoulders.

"Love you too Jordan." Gilinsky teases from his spot.
"Yeah, really feeling it right now." Johnson adds, fake hurt lacing his voice.
I scoff again. "Yeah, whatever."

"Okay, can you two please buzz off." Taylor starts. "We'll get out of bed soon."
"Will soon be this century, or?" Johnson teases.
"Yes mother, it'll be this century." I mock.

"Good, good." Gilinsky speaks and I hear shuffling towards the door. "We'll see the lovebirds downstairs soon."
"Goodbye!" I shout, as I hear the door slam and the boys laughing as they move away.

"Bloody Gilinsky." I puff.
"He's just playing." Taylor laughs lightly. "Besides, we are cute." He teases.
"Taylor." I blush pink, warning him.

"How are you feeling after last night?" Taylor asks, turning serious.
"I'm feeling a bit 'meh'." I admit. "Not good, not bad. Just meh."
"I'll take meh over terrible." The boy informs, causing me to smile. "There's that smile I love." Taylor chuckles softly, pressing a soft kiss against my forehead.

"Time to get up Jords." Taylor begins to move out of bed, causing me to sit up.
"No, where are you going?" I whine, catching his wrist.
"We need to get ready for the day." He chuckles.

"But I don't want to be alone." I pause, tears welling up in my eyes as I absentmindedly tighten my grip on Taylor's wrist.
"Jords." Taylor takes a seat beside me on the bed, gently adjusting my firm grip on his wrist to intertwine our fingers instead. "I'm not going to leave you if you don't want me to."

"Taylor, I know I said this last night, but I need to say it again, thank you for being here for me." I smile gently at our hands, as a tear rolls down my cheek. "I like being with you, you make me feel safe."
"Jordan." The boy gasps softly and then moves to engulf me in a hug. I snake my arms around his waist as he holds me close. "I'll be here, as long as you'll allow me to be."

"Thank you." I mumble into his shoulder.
"You don't have to keep thanking me." Taylor chuckles softly.
"Okay." I whisper, the pair of us pulling away.

As we part, Taylor gently wipes the lone tear off my cheek. A smile graces my features at the action. I continue to smile as Taylor grabs both of my hands in his own.

"New plan." He begins. "I'll get ready quickly, and then we can both go to your room and I can wait for you as you get ready."
"Sounds perfect." I smile. "Now hurry up, we're going to be late." I tease.

Taylor glances at me with a look that says, "seriously", causing me to chuckle. While I wait for Taylor I check my phone and answer the messages from my friends, telling them all that I'm okay and just needed some time. By the time I answer the last message, Taylor is calling my name, redirecting my attention.

"Your turn." The brunette announces as he holds open the door to the hallway. I puff, moving into the hallway while grumbling about being cold and wanting to stay in bed. Taylor laughs at my childishness as we finally reach my room.

"Mahogany?" I call, pushing open the door.
"It looks like she's already gone." Taylor announces after looking around the room.
"I better hurry then." I puff again, grabbing some clothes and moving to the bathroom to get ready.