Chapter Twenty-Two

"We're back!" Carter announces as the group walks through the door.
"And we brought the goods." Johnson adds as everyone spreads themselves out around the room.

"Finally!" Mahogany cheers. "We've been waiting to see what you found."
"Yeah, what'd you get us?" Jac wonders. 
"Just open up the bags and see." Gilinsky instructs as he thrusts bags towards us. 

I excitedly grab the bag and reach in for the contents. From a quick glance at all of the items, I can tell that the boys had heaps of fun picking out these outfits. They've bought Mahogany and I matching blue skater skirts, a comic cropped tee, and bright green butterfly clips. The boys seem to have bought different fits for themselves, but Taylor has a shirt matching the colour of my own, making me smile. 

"Guys, this is so much better than I thought it'd be. Thank you." Mahogany beams. 
"Who would've guessed that you lot have style." I tease.
"Taylor, you better get your girl before I tickle her to death." Gilinsky threatens as he leaps forward and attacks. I quickly fall backwards onto the bed into a fit of giggles.

"Jack!" I squeal. "Stop!"
"Not until you admit that we have style." He calls over my laughter.
"Never!" I retort.

"Then no." Jack deadpans.
"Pleeease." I beg through laughter.
"Come on Gilinsky, stop it now." I hear Taylor speak.

"Aw look." Hayes cooes as Jack finally stops and I practically leap into Taylor's protective arms. "He's sticking up for you already." 
"That's because he's the best." I praise, leaning over to kiss my boyfriend on the cheek, causing his face to flush.

"Oh em gee, Taylor Caniff just blushed!" Carter pretends to fangirl in a high-pitched tone. 
"Okay, okay, we get it." Taylor gives in to the teasing and I smile up at him. "But I have good reason to. I mean, look at this beautiful girl beside me." 
"Aww." Lox cooes. 

"Enough of this, it's making me feel even more single." Nash sighs. "What do you guys want to do for the rest of the night?"
"We could go to the movies?" Johnson suggests.
"Nah, not in the mood." Matt declines.

"We could go to the spa again." I offer, Mahogany nodding along. 
"No!" The boys shout back, and I sink back into Taylor's side in defeat.
"Okay, no spa." I pout.

"How about we go out to the basketball court?" Shawn offers to the group.
"Yes." Aaron quickly agrees. "We haven't played ball in ages."

I smirk to myself as everyone agrees; these boys don't know what they're in for.

~~~

"Hey Hayes, how good is everyone here?" I question the younger Grier as we walk through the gates and stand on the hotel's basketball court.
"We're all okay. I mean, we have some game." Hayes shrugs.
"Really?" I question as he nods. "Who do you think is the best?"
"Probably Cam or Taylor." He answers.
"Interesting." I mumble and we join the group.

"First thing's first, who are the captains?" Johnson questions through his excitement.
"I reckon Nash and Hayes." I suggest as everyone agrees, prompting the boys to begin choosing their team.

"Cam, you're with me." Nash begins as they bro hug.
"Taylor." Hayes calls.
"Then we get Jordan." The older Grier calls as I give a dramatic gasp.
"How dare you." I fake a cry.
"You'll get over it and live." Nash pokes his tongue out.

"I choose the Jacks" Hayes announces.
"No fair." Nash whines. "You can't choose two people at once."
"What do you mean, 'two people'?" Johnson begins.
"Yeah, we come as a package." Gilinsky finishes.

"Okay, then we get Jacob and Mahogany on our team." Nash chooses.
"Well, we get Aaron and Matt." Hayes bites back.
"And we get Carter and Shawn." Nash chooses the final two people.

"This isn't fair." Matt complains. "You guys have an extra player."
"We deserve an extra player." Cameron defends. "We have both girls."
"Hey." I call defensively. "We're standing right here." 
"Sorry girls." Taylor apologies as I pout before everyone moves to their positions. 

"Don't worry Princess, I'll go easy on you." Taylor whispers from across from me.
"Why thank you kind sir." I tease lightly, getting ready to show these boys what I've got.

"Ball up!" Aaron announces as he throws the ball in the air and Taylor knocks it away from me. The ball bounces straight towards Matt, who immediately passes it to Johnson. Johnson starts to bounce the ball and head for the hoop, when he stumbles, giving Mahogany just enough time to clumsily get a hold of the ball.

"Pass the ball Mahogany!" Hayes shouts from across the court, seeing as Nash, Shawn, and Cameron are closing in on her. Mahogany squeals in response, as she fumbles with the ball but manages to pass it to Jacob. My twin assesses my situation, Taylor, Gilinsky, Johnson, and Hayes are all circling and he still passes the ball to me.