Chapter Twenty-Eight

THIRD PERSON POV

"Okay guys, I have some news." Bart addresses the MagCon family, not including the Whitesides who are home in Tennessee.

"What is it Bart?" Hayes questions, but everyone in the room has a feeling that they already know what it would be.
"Well, you all know that Jacob has woken up from his coma, which is great." Bart begins. "However, in order for him to recover, his family have decided that it would be best if both twins stopped participating in MagCon for this summer and that they focus on Jacob's health."

A round of sighs and protests fill the room as the group takes in the new information. Mahogany looks deflated, but being Jacob's girlfriend, already knew what was happening. Matt, being Jacob's roommate on tour, had grown quite close to the male twin, and wasn't his chirpy self after receiving this news. Selfishly, he just wanted the twins to stay on tour so they could be with them, but he knows that it is best that they both take a break.

"Oh and, Jordan has also decided that she wants to try therapy sessions to deal with both her anxiety and what happened with her dad." Bart informs the group and Taylor immediately throws his head into his hands, feeling bad that he wasn't there to support her. The more Taylor thought about Taylor, the worse he felt. But he is hurt. Taylor could never hate Jordan, in fact, he's head-over-heels in love with the younger twin. That's why the break-up hurt so badly.

Taylor suddenly stands from his seat and storms out of the room.

"Sorry guys." Bart speaks up after a few moments and promptly leaves the room in order to catch his flight back to Tennessee to return to his soon-to-be family.

"What's up with Taylor?" Nash wonders, breaking the silence. Multiple shrugging gestures are made as no one is able to shed light on the situation, that is until Gilinsky speaks up.
"Taylor broke up with Jordan after he found out that Baylin kissed her at the hospital." Jack informs everyone and gasps of shock fill the room.

"That's why our boy has been on edge lately." Shawn acknowledges.
"But he still loves her." Aaron points out.
"And she obviously still loves him." Cameron adds.

"Yeah, but, the breakup was pretty rough for both of them." Gilinsky notes sadly. "I was with Jords, she's still upset over it, and it's been three weeks."
"We have to do something to help them." Carter speaks up.
"There's nothing we can do." Mahogany shoots down the idea. "We need to let them sort this out for themselves."

~~~

FIVE MONTHS LATER

You are cordially invited to celebrate the marriage of Bart Bordelon and Becky Whitesides on the 17th of August.

"I can't believe that today is the day." My mum mumbles as my eyes scan over the beautiful wedding invitation sitting on her dresser.
"Are you nervous?" I question as I stand behind her, fastening the veil into her hair, making sure that the blue gems are easily noticed.
"A little, but don't forget sweetie, I've done this already." My mum quirks at me through the mirror and I laugh.

"I like seeing you like this Jordan." Mum smiles softly.
"Like what?" I ask, fixing the clasps of the breathtaking wedding gown.
"Carefree and relaxed." She comments and my eyes flutter up to meet hers. "With all the stress from Jacob's accident and coping with the break up, you've been a bit broken. But, you're looking more like your usual self and it makes me happy."

"Well." I breathe in slowly. "Therapy is helping. My anxiety attacks have slowed down and are coming less frequently. And I've spoken with Baylin and I've forgiven him for what happened. There's only, Taylor." I finish with a mumble and my mum smiles back sadly.
"I know, and I am so proud of your progress darling." My mum praises me.