Chapter Thirty

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" I squeal happily as Jacob, Taylor, and I stand outside of The Vamps' recording studio. "Guys, oh my gosh!"
"Is this going to be worse than when she met JC?" Taylor wonders, standing behind me. I spin quickly on my heels.
"Yes!" I confirm loudly.
"Yes." Jacob parrots, rolling his eyes, earning him a hard whack on the chest.

"Well, are you going to knock?" Jacob questions and I shake my head quickly.
"No, no, no, no." I mumble turning to Taylor. "You do it."
"What, so now you're nervous?" Taylor asks with a chuckle and I nod, embarrassment flooding through me.

This past week has been pretty great for Taylor and I. In preparing for this trip, he has spent the last couple of days at our house and things are finally getting back to normal. I just wish they were normal enough for our relationship to take off again.

I watch as Taylor goes to knock on the door and pauses.

"Here." He smiles softly as he offers his hand. I take hold of his hand and smile back at him.
"Well, wasn't that just adorable." Jacob cooes and I eye him warningly. "But can someone just knock on the bloody door?" I laugh at my brother's slight outburst.
"Here we go." Taylor speaks, raising his other hand to knock on the wooden surface.

"Just a sec!" A voice calls from inside the room and I squeeze Taylor's hand tighter.
"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh." I mutter under my breath.

"Hi guys." A thick accent announces, as the door swings open.
"Hey man, what's up?" Taylor asks as he shakes James' hand. JAMES' HAND!
"James." Jacob smiles as he shakes his hand as well.

"Hey, you're Jordan." The singer points out as I stand there staring at him.
"Uh," I awkwardly let out before nodding my head vigorously.
"Do you want a hug?" He questions me, a smile covering his face as I nod, but don't move.

"Jordan." Jacob scolds from behind me as he pushes me forward and I'm encased in my favourite artist's embrace.
"It's nice to finally meet you." James speaks as he releases me. "Come on, let's go and meet the others."

"Dude, they're here!" A voice calls and I hear shuffling throughout the room before three more people appear.
"Oh, hey guys." Brad beams brightly as he waves.
"Hi." I wave, starstruck as we say our hellos and I receive hugs from each band member. 

"We're honoured to have you guys working on a song with us." Tristan speaks up after everyone has introduced themselves.
"You're honoured?" I question in shock.
"We loved working with Shawn and when Taylor asked us to do this for him, we just couldn't say no." Connor provides.

"Thank you, for doing this for us man." Taylor praises as he comes to stand behind me, and places a hand around my waist. "It means a lot."

~~~

"So this song is called Paper Hearts" Tristan informs us as the six of us stand in a recording booth, surrounding the microphone.
"Here are the lyrics." Connor smiles as he hands Jacob and I some sheet music. "Don't stress about learning it, just have fun with it."
"Okay." I smile brightly.

"We thought that you guys could sing the second verse and chorus together." James speaks as he points to the writing on the page.
"And then, Jordan, we'd like it if you'd sing the bridge of the song." Brad informs out. "Is that okay?"
"It's perfect." I beam with joy.

"Oh." James speaks up again as if he just remembered something important. "We wanted to do the last chorus together, with heaps of harmonies."
"Yes man, sounds awesome." Jacob exclaims, high-fiving Tristan in the process. 

"Let's do it then!" Brad smiles as they begin to play the track.

~~~

Verse 1 – Brad

There's a lot of things that I may not know
But missing you baby is the only thing I know, I know
And who am I to say what the future holds
But missing you baby is the only thing I know, I know

Chorus – The Vamps

If my heart was paper, I'd fold it
Throw it to the wind and just hope it
Ends up with you
I signed it with love from me to you
I tried to be cool
But my feelings they don't allow me to
And all that I ask
Is that at least you write me back
I'm waiting
Here's my paper heart
Won't you hold it, hold it

Verse 2 – The Whitesides

Jacob:
Said you needed space
So I gave you time
A year has gone by
And I'm thinking you're still mine
In my mind

Jordan:
And I've written you this letter
Like a hundred times
To start a conversation
That we should have had that night
I tried

Chorus – The Whitesides

If my heart was paper, I'd fold it
Throw it to the wind and just hope it
Ends up with you
I signed it with love from me to you
I tried to be cool
But my feelings they don't allow me to
And all that I ask
Is that at least you write me back
I'm waiting
Here's my paper heart
Won't you hold it, hold it

Bridge – Jordan

Flying through fields over sand
Hoping one day it will land
And end up with you

Chorus – All

I signed it with love from me to you
I tried to be cool
But my feelings they won't allow me to
And all that I ask
Is that at least you write me back
I'm waiting
Here's my paper heart
And I just hope it
Ends up with you
I signed it with love from me to you
I tried to be cool
But my feelings they don't allow me to
And all that I ask
Is that at least you write me back
I'm waiting
Here's my paper heart
Won't you hold it, hold it

Outro – Brad

Hold it, hold it
There's a lot of things that I may not know
But missing you baby is the only thing I know
I know

~~~

"That was awesome guys!" James exclaims after probably the one thousandth take on the song.
"Is this the one?" Brad questions, clearly exhausted.
"Why don't we listen back to it, and then decide?" Tristan offers and we all nod in agreement.

We wait as the sound tech plays back the recording and it sounds amazing. I can't believe Jacob and I have just recorded a song with The Vamps. As the track finishes, I'm pulled into a group hug.

"Finally!" Connor exclaims.
"It's over!" James laughs in exhaustion.
"It sounds so good guys." Jacob cheers and the rest of us agree.

"I just- I have to do something real quick." I nudge Jacob before glancing over at Taylor on the other side of the recording booth.
"Go ahead, Jords." My brother pushes me.

Without even thinking I move out of the booth and come face-to-face with Taylor, the man that I am hopelessly in love with.

"Jordan?" Taylor asks in confusion. "What's the matt-"
I cut him off, moving forward and connecting our lips. I feel Taylor relax into the kiss, and it's just like the first time. Just like that night on the balcony, under the vibrant colours of the fireworks.

"Wow." Taylor speaks breathlessly as we hear the guys cheering behind us, but I'm not even focusing on them. "I've been waiting for this, for months." He informs and I smile sheepishly.
"I guess it just took us some time to find each other again." I smile softly, connecting our foreheads.
"I'm so glad we're back." Taylor beams before connecting our lips again.

~~~

end of book