Chapter Nineteen

"Good morning beautiful." Taylor whispers into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "Did you want to get up?"
"Mm, five mor-." I pause as I open my eyes to see that we're not in my bed. "What is happening?"
"We kind of fell asleep on the balcony last night." Taylor informs as recognition hits me.

"Right, you came to save me after the argument with Jacob." I recall. 
"Save you?" Taylor questions, a hint of a smile in his voice.
"From my own thoughts." I answer, making eye contact with the brunette. 

I smile fondly before snuggling into Taylor's embrace. "Thank you for last night."
"It was nothing." He reassures, tightening his arms around my waist.
"It was everything." I correct.

"Dosomethingwithmetoday?" Taylor mumbles into my hair and I laugh at the inaudibility. 
"Sorry, what was that?" I tease, lightly tracing shapes on his chest. 
"I meant, do you want to do something with me today?" He asks nervously. 

"Yes." I smile to myself.
"Okay, well let's get ready before anyone can tell that we're gone." Taylor instructs. "Oh, and bring your guitar."

~~~

"So Taylor, what do you have planned?" I ask as we walk down the street together, my guitar in my hand.
"Well first, you can give me that." He begins whilst grabbing my guitar from my hand and holding it himself. I smile at the gesture, grabbing Taylor's hand in response.
"And then?" I push.
"Then, you're going to busk." Taylor informs.

"I'm going to what?" I start freaking out.
"Come on Jords, you will be fine." Taylor encourages. "People need to hear your beautiful voice, and you need a way to get some things off your mind."
"I-, do I have to?" I whine.
"Yes." He states plainly, knowing all too well that he is going to win.

"Fine, but where?" I ask. "Someone is going to notice us just standing around and busking in the middle of the streets."
"I already thought about that." Taylor smirks.
"What did you do?" I wonder.
"Well, I've asked some MagCon security to hang around, so they'll keep people under control." He informs, proud of himself for setting this up so well.

"Sounds like you have this all thought out." I smile at the effort he's made for me. "Where to from here?"
Taylor stops, looking around at our current location, the pier that we went to a few days ago. "Let's set you up right here." He hands me my guitar.

"Are you ready?" Taylor asks as I hold my guitar and breathe out. "Wait do you want a chair?" 
"No, it's fine, really. I like to stand when I play." I reassure.
"Go for it then." He smiles as I take another breath in and start strumming away at my guitar.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

I close my eyes and continue to sing 'Blackbird' by Paul McCartney. I can hear the voices of onlookers joining in on the parts of the song that they know and it makes me smile. When I finish the song I hold my breath and open my eyes to see that a small crowd has grown and surrounds our little area.

"Hey guys." I wave a little awkwardly at the crowd.
"Aren't you Jordan Whitesides?" A little girl asks as she stands in front of me, her parents standing close by.
"I sure am sweetie." I smile at the girl with pigtails. "What's your name?"
"Sierra." She answers brightly.

"Well Sierra, what is your favourite song?" I ask.
"My favourite song is Let It Go!" She shouts in excitement. I glance over at Taylor who smiles encouragingly. 
"Well, today is your lucky day sweetie." Taylor starts. "Jordan will sing it for you."

"I will. Totally an easy song." I laugh nervously, causing the crowd to laugh. I focus and start to strum the chords to Let It Go. For the entire song, the sweet little girl danced and sang along, making me laugh.
"The cold never bothered me anyway." I sing the last line and the crowd claps in celebration. I watch as someone walks up and places some money in my guitar case.

"Oh please don't do that." I smile at the lady. "I'm not doing this to get money. I'm doing it for fun."
"But you're really good." She informs.
"Thank you." I laugh whilst bending down and picking up the note. "But please, just take it back."
"Okay, sweetie." The lady accepts her money from my hand. "But never stop making music. Look at all of the people you made smile here today."

I look around at the crowd and notice just how many people are surrounding us. There are at least fifty people here, probably more.

"Now that you point that out." I nervously look beside me at Taylor.
"It's okay Jords." He smiles, giving my hand a quick squeeze. "I'm right here with you."
"I know." I smile at his kindness and let go of his hand to return to my guitar.

"What should I play next?" I ask the crowd.
"Do you know 'Yellow' by Coldplay?" A familiar voice asks whilst walking through from the back of the crowd, with a curly redhead beside him.

"I-, what are you doing here?" I ask in a small voice.
"Taylor told me to come." Jacob looks to the brunette beside me.
"And you actually showed up." I point out, annoyed as I remember the last thing we said to each other.
"Jordan." Taylor warns softly as he motions to the crowd of people around us.

"Look, Jacob, maybe we should just go." Mahogany offers as she grabs his hand.
"No." I rush, reaching out to grab my brother's arm. "I'm sorry." I admit.
"Me too. Sorry for being a terrible big brother." Jacob apologises, causing me to laugh.

"Only by a few seconds." I laugh.
"Jordan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said, I just got angry." Jacob informs as he pulls me into a hug.
"I know, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have been so harsh. I didn't mean it either." I hug back, returning the apology.

"Now who wants to hear my amazing twin sing a Coldplay song?" Jacob asks the crowd as they cheer.
"Thanks guys." I smile at the crowd, and then towards my brother, Lox, and Taylor, before starting the song.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

I finish singing as the crowd cheers, Jacob being the loudest.
"Thank you, Jac." I smile gratefully at my twin as he leaves with Mahogany.

"I think Jordan will play you all one more song and then I'm taking her away." Taylor jokes as I start to play the first chords of my final song.

White lips, pale face
Breathing in the snowflakes
Burnt lungs, sour taste
Light's gone, days end
Struggling to pay rent
Long nights, strange men

I finish the song with a small smile on my face as the crowd rounds up their final applause.
"Thank you all. You're all amazing." I thank everyone as they begin to disperse and head their own ways.

"That was brilliant Jords." Taylor lifts me from the ground, spinning me around. "You're brilliant."
"And you're-" I begin but am interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

"Hi." I awkwardly address the group of three boys and two girls.
"Hello, sorry to interrupt but we just wanted to thank you." One of the girls begins.
"Oh, what for?" I ask the small group.

"You helped Marcus, he's got anxiety." One of the boys informs, motioning to his friend.
"Which one of you is Marcus?" I ask, smiling as one of the boys steps forward shyly.
"That'd be me." He speaks up.

"I'm glad I could help, but how did I help exactly?" I ask, looking to Taylor who just shrugs his shoulders.
"At your last show, I realized that you break down the same way I do." Marcus informs and my breath catches in my throat, ever so slightly. I feel Taylor move closer to me as if protecting me from my own anxiety.

"You kind of broke down, and then your friends and family helped you." Marcus continues. "You showed me that as long as I'm surrounded by good people, I'll be able to get through it."
"Well, I'm glad that you realized that, because as I soon as I did, it got a whole lot easier." I admit as Taylor grabs my hand reassuringly.

"We just wanted to say thanks again." The second girl speaks as they start to move off.

"Oh and Taylor, you're a lucky guy." The last guy speaks as he claps Taylor on the shoulder.
"Pardon?" Taylor wonders in confusion, causing the guy to motion to our hands.
"Oh we aren't-" I start.
"We're not-" Taylor tries. "I wish we-"

"You wish we what?" I ask in a small voice.
"I um, wish we-. Jordan, will you go on a date with me?" Taylor asks as a huge smile grows on my face.
"Yes." I answer, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Aww, that was so cute!" The girls gush as I let go of Taylor.
"Now, we're gonna leave you two to it." Marcus smiles as he pulls the girls away.
"Sorry about them." One of the boys apologises as the group walks off together.

"So." I smile to myself as Taylor picks up my guitar.
"So." He mimics awkwardly.
"You just asked me out." I recall softly.
"I guess I did." Taylor laughs as he grabs my hand and twirls me, causing a laugh to leave my lips.

"I'm really happy you did." I smile, squeezing his side as we begin walking off the pier.
"Me too." The brunette beams.

"I know it's soon, but, will you go out on a date with me tonight?" Taylor asked self-consciously. "I have something planned."
"Already?" I laugh. "How do you already have something planned?"
"Trust me when I say that I've wanted to ask you out on a date for ages." He admits, causing me to smile even brighter.

"Then yes, but remember that I hate surprises." I remind him.
"Well hopefully you'll like this one."

~~~

TO: Mel, Bay, Abbi, Jac, Jords
Jords: guys...Taylor just asked me on a date!
Mel: Jords that's amazing!
Bay: I told you that he would :P
Abbi: ehen's the date?
Jords: TONIGHT! SOS!
Mel: JORDAN WHITESIDES! You are going on a date with TAYLOR CANIFF in less than a few hours!
Abbi: the guy you've been crushing on!
Bay: the guy you almost kissed!
Abbi: ALMOST KISSED??
Mel: YOU ALMOST KISSED???
Abbi: YOU NEVER TOLD US THAT!!
Jords: sorry, sorry. but yes, almost!
Jords: but I really wanted it to happennn
Bay: I bet it will happen tonight
Mel: It's so going to happen!
Abbi: what are you doing for your date?
Jords: he said he has something planned
Bay: our little Jordan is growing up!!
Abbi: it's finally going to happen!
Mel: I can feel it!!!!
Bay: hey, where's Jac?

"Right here!" Jacob announces as he enters my room loudly with Mahogany and Gilinsky behind him.
"How come we didn't know about this?" Gilinsky asks as he shuts the door behind him.
"Because it only happened about ten minutes ago when I got back?!" I offer as an answer.

"Jordan!" Mahogany squeals. "I can't believe you're going on a date with Taylor."
"I'm finding it hard to believe it myself." I admit, flopping down on my bed.

"Also, why haven't we heard about this almost-kiss?" Jacob pushes as the three of them stare at me expectantly.
"Because-" I start.
"Jordan!" The three of them shout as pillows come flying at me.

"Okay okay, so that night we all slept over and Jacob asked out Mahogany, we almost kissed." I smile softly.
"Jordan! That was so long ago. How did this happen?" Mahogany quizzes.
"He spilt a can all over his top, and I was helping him to clean up. In the process, we got really close, and Taylor started to lean down to kiss me, but I made him stop." I retell the story of that night.

"Jordan!" Mahogany shouts.
"Mahogany!" I return.
"I swear one day I am going to kill you." She jokes as she throws another pillow at me.

"Well next time Taylor goes to kiss me, I might just let him." I smile to myself.
"Jordan, this is so exciting!" Mahogany squeals.

"Alright hold up." Jacob starts. "You need to get ready."
"Taylor really does have something special planned for you and we know exactly what." Gilinsky admits.

"Please tell me." I beg. "You know I hate surprises."
"Not going to happen." Jacob teases.
"But we can help you get ready." Lox squeals with excitement.