Chapter Twenty-Four

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Surprise!" A chorus of shouts fills my ears as Jacob and I enter the hall where we thought Mum and Bart were treating us to a small eighteenth birthday celebration. A smile spreads across my face as I look around the room at all of our loved ones.

"Aww, you guys." I coo excitedly. 
"Thank you." Jacob speaks for the pair of us. "This is truly amazing."

Another round of cheers and 'happy birthdays' fills the room as the music starts to play and everyone disperses. I stand gobsmacked at the scene around me; I can't believe Mum and Bart did this. After all of the change recently, I don't know how they've had the time - Bart has been extra busy proposing to Mum! 

"Mum, Bart!" I gush as they appear beside us.
"Happy birthday darlings." Mum smiles as she pulls us into a group hug.
"Thank you." Jacob and I chime together.
"Happy birthday guys." Bart smiles at us.

"I can't believe my precious babies are eighteen." Mum squeals, causing the three of us to laugh at her.
"Mum." Jacob warns.
"Okay, okay." She brushes him off. "We'll leave you be."
"Mum, Bart - thank you, this means a lot." I praise embracing the pair tightly before we rush off to find our friends.

"Jords." I hear the voice of my boyfriend fill my ears.
"Taylor." I smile brightly as I throw my arms around his neck. "I've missed you."
"I've missed you more." Taylor informs, kissing my cheek. 

"When did you arrive?" I wonder.
"Just last night, and it took everything in me not to come straight to you." Taylor informs with a puppy-dog look in his eyes. 
"Oh, you." I smile lovingly. This boy

"Go and say hi to everyone so I can have to all to myself for the rest of the night." Taylor whispers in my ear, sending goosebumps down my spine.
"Mmm, I like the sound of that." I whisper, squeezing his hand before turning away towards Jacob.

"Happy birthday guys." Mel, Abbi, and Bay chime together. 
"Guys." I squeal excitedly as we collide in a group hug. 
"We're all finally eighteen." Abbi points out and wiggles her eyebrows.
"Finally, it's been a tough journey." Jacob fakes exhaustion.

"And what exactly have you lot got in store for us now that we're all of age?" I tease as they finally release us from their death grips. 
"Party, party, drinking, party, party, and more party!" Mel chanted excitedly. 
"Oh Mel, sometimes I really do question your way of life." Abbi jokes.

"As much as we love you, and want to celebrate with you." Baylin starts. "Taylor hasn't taken his eyes off of you since we started talking." I turn around to catch Taylor staring, causing a blush to cover my cheeks.

"Aww, you two are so adorable." Mel gushes.
"Mel!" I exclaim, embarrassed by the attention.
"She's right though." Jacob points out.

"You're one to talk." I add as I lightly shove my twin. "You and Mahogany are couple goals."
"Yeah, but that's because we're perfect." He smiles as he begins to move towards his girlfriend. "Speaking of which, catch you guys later." 

"So, has he said it yet?" Abbi asks and my cheeks immediately flare.
"No." I mumble. "But it's okay."
"Jordan, we know that it's going to happen soon." Mel points out.

"Your relationship is cuter than our friendship." Bay begins. "And that's pretty hard to beat."
"Bay." I laugh. "You'll always be my number one man." I joke with a wink.
"And you'll always be my number one gal." He confirms as he hugs me.

"Ew," Mel exclaims.
Abbi scoffs. "Always the favourite."
"You'll be fine." I tease. "Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a boyfriend to get to." I smile as I wave to my friends before wandering over to Taylor.

"Hey Princess." Taylor smiles as he pulls me into his chest. "You're finally back."
"Yes." I lean in for a kiss. "I'm here."
"And now you're not!" Gilinsky taunts my boyfriend as he pulls me towards him.

"Jack!" I laugh as I hit him on the shoulder.
"Baby girl, you're eighteen. You're so old." He teases as he scrunches up his nose.
I scoff. "And to think you were my favourite."

"Oh please, I am your favourite." Gilinsky laughs as he pulls me in for a hug "I only dragged you over to wish you a happy birthday and to annoy Taylor, but I think you should return to the boyfriend before he looks kills me." 
"Thank you, Jacky." I smile. "I love you."
"Love you too." Gilinsky smiles as he playfully pushes me back towards my boyfriend.

"Finally." Taylor exclaims. "Have you said hi to everyone?"
"Everyone that's important." I laugh.
"Good." He smiles. "Because I want to dance with the most amazing girl I know."

"Oh really, and who would that be?" I ask playfully.
"I wonder." He teases as we move to the dance floor as 'I'll Be' by Edwin McCain begins to play.

The strands in your eyes that colour them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth

"How does it feel to be eighteen?" Taylor asks as he places his hands on my hips and I drape mine around his neck.
"Honestly, it feels exactly the same, but with more sparkle." I admit with a bright smile.
"That's a very 'Jordan' response." He points out, causing me to laugh. 

"Did I mention how you look lovely and beautiful and gorgeous tonight?" Taylor mumbles into my ear.
"No, I don't believe you have." I smile softly.
"Well, you look lovely and beautiful and gorgeous tonight, Princess." He whispers, kissing the spot under my ear, making me melt.

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life