Chapter Seventeen

"Sweetie, get up." I hear my mum's voice as I groggily wake up. "This is our last day together."
"Oh mum." I gush, pulling her down for a hug.
"Okay, enough of this, get ready." Mum instructs as she stands up. "We're going shopping."

"Who is 'we'?" I ask whilst rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.
"You, me, Jacob, Logan, Baylin, Abigail and Melody." She answers. "We want to spend as much time with you as possible before we leave tomorrow."

"Alright, I'll meet you downstairs in," I pause waiting for my mum to jump in.
"Ten minutes." Mum answers as I just stare at her, mouth agape. "Hurry up, otherwise you'll be coming like this." She motions to my pyjamas and bed hair.
"I'm up, see you in the lobby in ten!" I call as I rush into the bathroom.

~~~

"I'm here. Yes, I know that I am late as per usual but I didn't know what shoes to wear." I explain as I walk into the lobby to find my friends and family staring at me.
"Nice choice." Abbi nods approvingly.
"Thanks." I smirk.

"Okay, let's get going guys." Mum ushers us out of the lobby and towards the shop. "It's about a fifteen-minute walk."  
"Well then, hop on Squirt." I call Logan as he jumps on my back for a piggyback ride.

"Jordan, can I ask you a question?" Logan asks.
"Of course you can bud?" I smile.
"Why do you freak out so much when you think about dad?" He asks and I look towards my friends.

"Logan, I don't think Jordan wan-." Melody begins, but I swiftly interrupt. 
"No, it's okay." I respond as Logan tightens his legs around my waist. "It's kind of hard to explain, but I have this thing called anxiety. Sometimes when I get it, it's horrible. My throat goes tight, I can't breathe, I start shaking, I get really nervous, my throat tightens, and it feels as though my heart might jump out of my chest and win a race." I admit.

"How do you stop it?" Logan asks.
"Normally I listen to music or play my guitar. But usually there is someone there to make me feel better." I smile to myself. "Usually, it's Jacob or Baylin or one of the girls. Last night Gilinsky and Taylor helped." As I finish, Logan leans forward and hugs my neck.
"I love you Jords." He mutters.
"I love you too Logan." I smile.

"Jacob, do you have anxiety?" Logan asks my twin who is walking beside us.
"No. Neither does mum." He answers our little brother. "It's just Jordan."
"But can I get it?" Logan asks.
"Anxiety is a funny thing, anyone can get it, but not everyone does." Mum informs my youngest brother.

"But you know what Logan, if you do get it, we'll all be here for you." Baylin reassures.
"Good." Logan nods his head. "You'll always be here for Jordan too, right?"
"Always." Baylin, Abigail, and Melody answer in unison.

"Okay, new topic." I suggest. "That was really hard to talk about."
"It would've been." Abbi smiles sadly, squeezing my hand in reassurance.

"Becky, you seem to get on well with Bart." Mel calls my mum out, causing us to laugh.
"Yeah, really well." Jacob adds.
"What? We are just two adults talking." Mum defends herself.

"Mhmm, we'll see about that." Abigail smirks.
"Alright you five." Mum puts on her 'parent' voice and we all burst out laughing.

"We're here!" Logan cheers as I put him down and he runs inside holding hands with Baylin and Abigail.

"You okay?" Mel asks as I walk in with her, Jacob, and my mum.
"Yeah, it was just really, really hard to admit all of that." I speak whilst looking down.
"It's okay sweetie." Mum reassures me. "You did well, and now Logan knows."

"I really hope he never gets this and has to feel like I feel all the time." I admit sadly.
"He won't." Jacob counters. "And if he does, he has us. But more importantly, he'll have you and that's the best thing he could ask for."

~~~

"We're back!" Melody and I shout as we push open the doors to Jacks' room and waltz inside to greet everyone.
"Wow." Carter gasps.
"You guys did some major damage." Shawn gawks as he looks at all of the bags that we're holding.

"What?" Jacob questions innocently.
"This isn't even the worst we've done." Baylin informs the group.
"Yeah, together we are pretty dangerous." Abigail laughs, flopping down on the floor. 

"Well, go and put your shopping away because we're going for a swim!" Johnson instructs.
"We were able to get the hotel to shut it down so we could have a private pool party." Aaron cheers as he high-fives Cameron.
"And Bart organized the kitchen to provide us food as well." Matt adds.

"Oh and Becky, Bart said that he'll see you there." Mahogany winks at my mum as she blushes.
"So everyone hurry up and get down there!" Hayes instructs as we are pushed out the door.
"Alrighty, let's go get ready guys." Jacob calls as we all gather our things and head to the room that my mum is sharing with the others.

"I am so self-conscious." Abbi admits as we all stand ready to leave the room about fifteen minutes later.
"Are you serious?" I question in shock.
"Abbi, you have an amazing body." Baylin exclaims.
"Thanks Bay."

"You have nothing to be self-conscious about Abigail, you're a gorgeous girl." Mum smiles at my best friend.
"And we're going to be seeing ten hot shirtless guys, plus Jacob and Baylin." Melody points out as she wiggles her eyebrows at Abbi and I.
"On that point, let's go!" Abbi cheers as she grabs our arms and pulls us towards the elevator.

"What floor is it?" Baylin asks as he stands before the buttons in the elevator.
"Five." Jacob answers.

"So mum, will you be rocking your bikini body for anyone in particular?" I question with a giggle.
"I'm sure he's just waiting for you to get there." Baylin smirks as my mum hits us both on the back of the head.
"You two are both little shits." Mum growls playfully.
"But she didn't say no." Logan points out as we all laugh.

The elevator comes to a halt and we all move out towards the pool. "Guys, this is heaven." Melody stares wide-eyed at the pool, or rather the shirtless guys in it.
"Mel?" Baylin snaps his fingers before her eyes, bringing her back to the present moment.

"This is going to be great." I smile as I run to put my things down, take off my dress and jump in the pool.
"Jordan!" Nash calls as I resurface in front of him.
"Nashy!" I laugh, hugging him. 

"I missed you." He informs me.
"Nash, I saw you like twenty minutes ago." I laugh again.
"I know, but it felt like forever." The brunette exaggerates.
"Get over yourself." I tease, pushing him under the water.

"You are so annoying." Nash teases back once he surfaces.
"Shut up." I poke my tongue out.

"Hey, look over there." Nash directs my attention towards my mum and Bart.
"That is really cute, and Bart is the sweetest thing ever." I smile at them. "I'm going to go and choose a song." I inform as Nash nods. I hop out of the pool and walk over to Mahogany's laptop.

"What are you doing?" Gilinsky asks, coming up beside me.
"Choosing a song." I answer, trying to concentrate on the words without my glasses.
"Who by?" He quizzes.

"The Vamps." I respond with sass. "Is that even a question?"
"So what song?" Jack continues to push, causing me to roll my eyes.
"This song." I smile and press play as Boy Without A Car begins to play.

"Please tell me you know this song." I practically beg and I turn to face Gilinsky, who smirks in return.
"Hey pretty face, I wanna tell you something. But I'll just wait, while you keep me hanging, on and on and on, your every word." Gilinsky sings to the beat of the music.
"You are so perfect that it kills me!" I exclaim in awe.

"How's Madison?" I ask as we sit down with our feet in the water.
"She's great." Gilinsky responds, the smile on his face growing bigger. "I talk to her all the time."
"And when do I get to meet her?" I push.

"Soon hopefully." He smiles. "She really wants to meet you."
"Really?" I ask as he nods. "We'll have to make a date then!"
"Sure will." Gilinsky laughs.

"Jords, come dance with us." Lox calls from where she dances with Abigail and Melody, near the speaker.
"Come on Gilinsky." I instruct as I drag him with me to the girls and a few of the guys.
"We'll be taking her now." Melody informs,  pulling me towards them.

"Hey girls." I smile.
"You have paid no attention to us." Abbi sooks.
"So now you have to dance." Mahogany demands as 'Just Dance' by Lady Gaga starts to play.

"So are there any lucky guys?" Mel digs as we dance together.
"Come to think of it, we haven't spoken about the guys in ages." Mahogany states as she looks at me accusingly.
"Please spill." Abigail begs.

"Sorry lovelies, but it's my little secret." I whisper as they all gasp.
"There is someone!" Abbi shouts.
"Shhh!" I blush as everyone looks at us.

"Never mind her, she's nuts." I laugh as everyone goes back to how they were. "Are you nuts?" I whisper shout at her.
"Well apparently." Abigail laughs at my reaction.
"Come on Jordan, tell us who you like." Melody pushes.

"No." I refuse and poke out my tongue.
"Well, I reckon I know who it is." Abbi starts.
"Who?" I quiz.

"We, as in Mel and I, think it's Gilinsky." Abigail offers.
"Nah." Mahogany counters for me. "Gilinsky and Jordan are close, but you can tell that she doesn't like him."
"Plus, he has a girlfriend." I sing-song to taunt them. 

"Then who?" Melody keeps pushing.
"Like I said, it's a secret!" I shout playfully and continue to dance to the music.

"Hey Jordan!" Jacob calls from the laptop as he presses a button and one of my favourite songs starts to play.
"Jacob, I love you!" I squeal as begin swaying to the marvellous sounds of Bruno Mars' Just The Way You Are.

"Jordan, care to dance with me?" A hand appears before me and I look up to see Taylor.
I look around at the girls who all have smiles on their faces, "but the girls."
"Just go." Mahogany pushes me into Taylor's arms.