Chapter Two

"Jordan, get up!" I groan at the sound of my mum calling me from downstairs.
"I'm up!" I shout back before pulling myself out of bed and towards my bathroom.

I take a quick shower and rush to get dressed. Pulling on some black jeans and a simple lilac crew neck jumper, I look around for my matching lilac Vans. I grab the silver bracelet that dad gave to me before he passed away and place it on my wrist. I sigh sadly before pulling my hair into a high ponytail and making my way downstairs.

"Don't forget your glasses!" Mum calls as I'm halfway down, making me realise that I've definitely forgotten them.
"Thank you!" I shout back, rushing to grab them off my bedside table. It wouldn't have been the end of the world if I forgot them, after all, they're just reading glasses. But mum knows more than anyone how I would lose my head if it wasn't attached to my body. 

"Morning everyone." I smile, sitting down in the kitchen with the rest of the family.
"Jordan you look happy today." Mum smiles as she hands me a plate of toast.
"I don't know. I just feel like today will be a good day." I shrug as I look down at my bracelet.

"Don't you guys have your English presentations today?" She wonders as Jacob joins the rest of us.
"Yep, five minutes of boring talks about Shakespeare." My twin complains, earning him a shove from me.
"Hey. For one, he isn't boring, he's an artist. And two, just because you hate English doesn't mean we all do." I speak whilst he rolls his eyes.
"Whatever. Are you ready?" He asks whilst standing and putting his shoes on.
"Yeah, let's go." I say, grabbing my bag and waving goodbye to mum and younger brother Logan as we walk out the door.

Our school isn't too far from our house, so we walk every day to make it easier for mum. It also gives us time to catch up with each other, which is nice, seeing as we're so close. 

"Jords, have you checked our latest video?" Jacob asks.
"No, not yet. Why?" I ask.
"No reason, it's just that we reached 935, 863 views." He cheers as I start to jump up and down with excitement.
"Oh my gosh, no way! That's so awesome!" I squeal. "I can't believe that many people watch our videos."

"Me neither. It's so exciting though. Thinking that we could do this one thing for dad to be proud of us." Jacob smiles as we reach our school and walk towards our lockers.
"Me too." I smile fondly. "I'm going to text the others." I inform my twin as I grab my phone out of my pocket and enter our group text.

TO: Mel, Bay, Abbi, Jac, Jords
Jords: We have exciting news, come quick!
Jac: You might want to hurry, she's driving me insaneee

I scoff at my brother's text as we come face to face with our lockers. Some people probably think that it's weird that Jacob and I get along so well. I mean, we have the same friends, but I think it's nice that we're so close. As I grab out my stuff for my first class, I'm bombarded by someone wrapping me up in a hug.

"Jordan!" I hear Baylin yell as pulls me aside and spins me around in the air.

Baylin Waters is the other guy in our group apart from Jacob. He's pretty cool and no, everyone thinks that we like each other but everyone needs to chill. We're just really close. We're all one big family. Baylin, alongside Melody Pickett and Abigail Bower, has been in our lives since pre-school.

I laugh as Baylin puts me down and moves to bro-hug Jacob.
"Hey girls." I squeal as Mel and Abbi come in for a hug.

"So what did you want to tell us?" Mel asks as the five of us start to walk towards our first period. class, English.
"Oh nothing we just thought that you'd like to know." I pause for a few moments and look at Jacob before we both exclaim. "We got 935, 863 views!"

"Are you serious?" Abbi questions whilst congratulating us.
"Yes, and it's only been up since Friday night." Jacob announces with excitement. "It hasn't even been three whole days yet."
"Guys, that's awesome. Who would have thought that our little Jac would become YouTube famous." Baylin jokes as he squeezes Jacobs' cheeks.

"Hey, what about me?" I pout as we enter the classroom.
"Do you want me to squeeze your cheeks?" Baylin asked as we sit down at our usual seats.
"I think I'll pass." I laugh, swatting his hand away.

The day went by pretty slowly, I must admit. However, it was still a good day. I mean, I ended up getting 89% on my English oral. And in Art class, the teacher complimented me on my drawing of an Angel. Whilst we were sitting at lunch, Jacob and I received a rather vague message from our mum, which got us excited for the rest of the day.

TO: Twins
Hey sweeties.
After school, I need you both to come home straight away.
I have exciting news for you both. Love mum X

~~~

The last bell of the day rings and I run to my locker with Jacob on my trail. We want to know what the news is. 
"Come on Jacob, let's go get Logan so we can go home." I rush as I grab his arm and pull him out of school. Every day after school we go and pick Logan up from the Primary School around the corner.

"Come on Squirt!" I shout as Logan passes me his bag and Jacob lifts him onto his shoulders as per usual.
"Why are you two so excited? We just had school." Logan points out as we come up to our street.
"Mum said she has exciting news for Jordan and I, so we sort of want to know what it is." Jacob speaks as we reach our front door.

"Mum we're home." Jacob calls out as we walk inside, setting Logan back down on the floor.
"In the kitchen." The three of us rush to her voice and look at our mother expectedly.

"So?" I ask, dragging out the word.
"So what?" Mum fires back nonchalantly.
"What did you text us about that's so exciting?" I push as she starts to laugh.
"Here." She hands Jacob and I a letter labelled MagCon.

I look at the front of the letter in shock, we've always wanted to go to MagCon; it's our dream.
"Open it." I whisper to Jacob as he turns the letter over and slowly opens it whilst mum and Logan sit watching us.

To Mr. and Miss Whitesides,

I am hereby informing you that you have both been selected to join the MagCon Tour commencing this summer. It would be a delight if both of you accepted and could join us for the Tour along with our other YouTube and Vine stars. You will be receiving an email shortly asking you to accept or decline this invitation. We hope to see you there.

Bart Bordelon and the MagCon family.

Jacob finishes reading and looks at me in disbelief. He drops the letter and engulfs me in the biggest bear hug that we have ever had.
"We did it." I smile as we finally release each other.
"I can't believe it!" Jacob runs up to Logan and spins him around out of joy.
"Mum?" I ask as I walk over to her slowly. "Can we?" All she could do was nod her head as we all pull in for a family hug.

"With that, you'll be leaving Saturday morning and don't worry about responding I've already done that for you." She smiles as she looks at us.
"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I exclaim as I hug her again.
"I'm happy for you." She laughs when I let go. "You both better start packing, because you'll be going for two months."

Jacob and I look at each other with identical smirks before racing up the stairs to start packing.