Chapter Eighteen

"Jacob, get up with me." I hear a whisper, causing me to groan.
"Logan?" I call quietly. "What are you doing Squirt?"
"I want you two to watch the sunrise with me, but I can't get Jac up." Logan admits. I smile softly at my brother as I lean over Melody to check my phone. 

"Squirt, it's five-thirty." I whine.
"Please Jordan, please." He begs and I release a puff as I carefully get up and move over to Jacob. "You're lucky I love you."
"I love you too." Logan smiles. 

"Jacob, get up." I shake my twin, making sure not to wake Baylin, who he is sharing a bed with.
"Come on Jac, wake up." Logan pushes his stomach and a soft groan leaves Jacob's lips.
"Ugh, what's wrong?" Jacob asks as he rubs his eyes.

"We're watching the sunrise together. So get up now." Logan demands.
"Mr. Bossy over here woke me up too." I inform my twin as I let out a yawn. 
"You're serious?" Jacob quizzes.
"I wish he wasn't." I mutter groggily. 

"Come on, come on!" Logan chants causing us to shush him.
"Alright let's go." I puff as Logan grabs my hand and leads me to our balcony. "You coming Jacob?"

"If I am going to sit outside on a balcony at five-thirty in the morning, I am bringing a blanket." He responds whilst lifting the blanket off his makeshift bed and dragging it behind him.

"How much longer are you guys going to be away for?" Logan asks as the three of us sit facing the early morning sky with a large blanket covering and keeping us warm.
"A while bud." Jacob sighs.
"But I miss you at home, and it hasn't even been that long." Logan whispers. 

"Hey hey." Jacob comforts our younger brother. "We'll be home soon, before you know it."
"For now, let's just watch the sunrise." I smile and look out at the gorgeous colours filling the morning sky.

~~~

"I don't want to leave." Logan cries as we begin to say our goodbyes at the airport. 
"Oh Logan, please don't do that." I beg. "You'll make me cry."
"I miss you guys at home." He continues.

"I miss you too." I reassure my little brother. "You know, I still have Rodney on my bed and I hug him every night." 
"You need to give him hugs in the morning as well because then it's like you're hugging me." Logan instructs.
"Can do." I salute before ushering Logan along to say goodbye to my twin.

"You okay?" Abbi asks, appearing beside me.
"No." I sob, pulling her into an embrace. "I want you to stay so badly."
"Oh, sweetie." She exclaims. "So do I, but you'll be home before you know it." Abigail squeezes my shoulders before moving along.

"Melody." I call, pulling her close for a hug.
"Girly, I've missed you so much. It sucks not having my honorary sister around." She squeezes me tightly.
"I agree, but it's just for a little while longer." I smile. 

Mel begins to move away before doing a double take and returning to my side. She leans in to whisper, "By the way, Bay told us about Taylor."
"What?!" I shriek.
"Please, it's so obvious that you guys are into each other." Mel informs.
"Yo-you. Bu-but I." I stumble over myself as my best friend smirks back at me. "Just go and say goodbye to Jacob before I kill you."

"Jordan Whitesides!" Baylin shouts.
"Bay." I rush to silence him as I look around panicked. "Someone might hear you."
"Who cares." He shrugs as he raises his voice louder. "Jordan and Jacob Whitesides are my best friends and I'm the luckiest gu-" I quickly clamp my hands over his mouth as he laughs and picks me off the ground.

"Okay, I love you, now shut up please." I plead as he licks my hands. "Ew, Baylin!"
"That's what you get for loving me." Baylin laughs as he swings me around once more before putting me back on the floor.
"You're such a goof." I laugh. "I miss that."