Chapter Nine

"Jordan. Jordan!" Someone called as they jumped on my bed. "Wake up!"
I groan at the impact, rolling away from the noise. "Go away." 
"Oh Jordan, you don't have a choice." Mahogany informed. 

"Why?" I whine, pulling the sheets tighter around me.
"Because it's MagCon." Hayes' voice fills my ears as he speaks from right in front of me.
"Shh." I whisper, grabbing him around the neck and pulling him down beside me. "Just five more minutes."

"Um, can someone please help me?" Hayes asks, resisting my grasp.
"Not until this spreads on social media." Aaron announces causing me to look over and spot a smirk covering his face. 
I glance around the room to see everyone is present, and watching Hayes and I in amusement. "Don't, you, dare." I threaten Aaron. 

"It's okay sweetie, I'll protect you." Hayes cooes whilst patting my hair, earning a snarl in response. 
"I'm going to kill you." I growl playfully.
"If it's worth anything," Hayes begins with a shit-eating grin. "sleeping with you was fun."

"Ooh Nash, looks like you have some competition." Shawn declares, causing the group to burst out in laughter. I fake a laugh as I share an uncertain look with Gilinsky, who just shrugs in response. 

"Alright children, that's enough." Cam calls over the group. "We need to be down for soundcheck at twelve o'clock and it's already ten thirty."
"Only an hour and a half." I point out, looking down at my pyjamas. "I'm going to be late." I declare. 
"No, you won't." Mahogany reassures as the boys begin moving out of our room. "I've got this."

"Good luck!" A few of the boys call as Mahogany begins ushering me to hurry up and get ready so we can have some breakfast. 

~~~

"Jords, we only have twenty minutes left to get ready." Mahogany complains as we enter our room.
"I'm sorry." I begin. "But, we did warn you that I need ample time."
"Well 'ample time' has turned into twenty minutes, so hurry up missy." She points her finger at me.
"Okay, okay." I raise my hands defensively, walking into the bathroom. 

I take the clip out of my hair and let my curls flow down my back. Putting on some blue ripped mum jeans and a red t-shirt, I move back into our bedroom to find my black boots. 

"What do you think of this fit?" I ask Mahogany, holding up my boots to show off my shoe choice.
"It's so perfect." She smiles. "But, I do think you should do something with your hair."
"Okay, will do, but that's never a quick process." I warn. 

"Just go." Mahogany steers me into the bathroom. 
"No need to be so pushy." I playfully bite back.
She scoffs as she leaves the bathroom, "I'll show you pushy."

A knock sounds on the door and we hear Nash call. "Hey, can we come in?"
"It's open." Mahogany and I shout in unison.
"Ladies." Nash greets as he, Jacob, and Taylor enter our room.

I watch Jacob approach Mahogany through the mirror. 
"Mahogany, you look great." Jacob compliments, a blush covering his cheeks. 
"Thank you." Mahogany smiles, eyes glancing downward nervously. 

"Aww." I gush over the duo as I exit the bathroom and join the boys. I share a smile with Taylor as I catch his eye, causing him to quickly look away. 
"Are you girls ready? We have five minutes before we should be down to meet the others." Nash informs. 

"No, Jordan hasn't finished her hair yet, and I need to find my shoes." Mahogany began to freak out. 
"I'll help you with your hair Jordan." Taylor offered, receiving a round of weird looks.
"Um, don't you only have brothers?" I wonder.

"Yes, but I do have girl cousins." He states in a 'duh' tone. "So, maybe you should just trust the process." Taylor smirks as he moves into the bathroom.
"Okay." I murmur, unsure about where this will lead.