Chapter Twenty

"Girls!" Gilinsky shouts to gain our attention as we focus on my hair and make-up in the bathroom. "Lox, don't even think about putting make-up on her. He likes her without it."
"Taylor said that?" I ask, a blush covering my face. 
"He did." Jac confirms as the boys join us in the bathroom.

"You know what, Jords, you should do your own make-up." Jacob instructs as Mahogany passes me the brushes.
"But I, okay." I laugh awkwardly as I apply my daily make-up of a smidge of concealer, mascara, and a touch of highlighter. I apply a red lip tint and turn around to face the others.

"Is it okay?" I ask nervously.
"It's perfect Jordan." Mahogany gushes as she exits the bathroom and grabs my shoes for me.

"Come here." Lox calls and we follow her to the beds. I sit down, grab my shoes and fasten the straps. 
"What about my hair?" I ask as I pull it out of the ponytail, fluffing out the ends. "Natural?"
"Definitely natural." Gilinksy smiles.

"All done." Mahogany claps as Jacob grabs my hand so I can stand up.
"Jordan you look amazing." Jac compliments. "You might even be the better looking twin."
"Oh please, I am definitely the better looking twin." I joke as I nervously clench my hands together.

"Jordan, you're going to be fine." Gilinksy reassures me.
"Are you sure?" I ask. "I don't think I've ever been this anxious about a date before." I admit as I feel my legs shake.
"Jords." Jacob places his hands on both of my arms and squeezes gently. "You're going to be fine. You are going to have a great night. You look incredible. You're an amazing girl. You will be fine. Okay?" I nod and let out a breath of air to calm my nerves.

"So what has he planned?" I question my friends again.
"We are not telling you." Mahogany teases.
"Lox I hate suprises." I whine in the hope of getting through to her.
"No way. That is not going to work on us." Gilinsky smiles as I fake pout.

"Fine. What time is it?" I ask whilst grabbing out my phone.
"It's almost 7:45." Jacob informs as my screen lights up.
"Okay, well it's obviously too late for dinner and we've already eaten, so it's nothing like that." I observe, trying to figure out what Taylor has planned. "I'm not too dressed up, so it's nothing too fancy. Um, are we going out somewhere?" I look at Jacob.
"Jords, just give up now." Jacob answers and I sit down with a huff.

"Do I need a jumper?" I ask frantically as my mind races.
"No. You should be fine." Mahogany reassures me. "It's going to be a hot night."
"Okay." I breathe uneasily. "Am I forgetting something?"

"Jordan calm down." Gilinsky instructs as a knock sounds at the door.
"Guys." I start to freak out. "I can't do this. Jacob, tell him I'm sick. We can do it another day."
"Jordan, you were with him a few hours ago." Gilinsky points out. "He'll know we're lying."
"Then tell him I fell and hurt my head." I offer as an alternative as he knocks at the door again.

"Jordan, calm down, you'll be fine." Gilinsky smiles and grabs my hand, giving it a squeeze.
"You ready?" Jacob asks from the door and I shake my head signifying 'no'. My twin laughs at my childishness and twists the handle. Suddenly, there stands Taylor on the other side of the door, giving Jacob a bro hug.

"Man, is she ready?" Taylor asks, sounding nervous.
"Yeah." Gilinsky smiles as he walks me over to the door and Taylor freezes. "She's ready."

"Jordan." Taylor gawks. "You look beautiful."
"Thank you." I speak quietly as Gilinsky lets go of my hand and urges me to step forward.

"Alright kids." Mahogany begins.
"Be careful out there." Jacob continues.
"And be back before ten." Gilinsky jokes, causing Taylor to chuckle.
"Guys." I warn.

"Don't worry, I'll keep our Princess safe." Taylor reassures, causing me to blush. He holds out his hand towards me. "Shall we go?"
"We shall." I smile nervously as I grab his hand and my nerves start to slowly fade away.

~~~

"You look really good tonight Taylor." I compliment my date. I still can't believe this is happening.
"Thank you, but not as good as you." I smile to myself as we continue walking down the street.

"So, what do you have planned for us?" I ask.
"You'll see in just a few moments." Taylor smiles knowingly.
"How many times do I have to tell you people that I hate surprises." I pout causing him to laugh.
"It only makes me want to tell you less." He teases.

"At least tell me where we are going." I practically beg.
"Well actually, we're here." He smiles as he motions towards the pier.

"I love the pier!" I gush with excitement. "It has to be my favourite spot away from home."
"Good, because I was kind of hoping that it could be our spot?" Taylor asks.
"Well it'll depend on tonight." I tease playfully as I let go of his hand and run for the other end of the pier.

"Got you!" Taylor cheers as he wraps his arms around my waist from behind, stopping me from running any further.
"Good thing too." I puff. "Because these shoes are already killing me."
"Good thing we're here." He informs as he motions behind us.

I turn to see a beautiful date set. Taylor has put in so much effort to arrange a rug with pillows, blankets, and jars of fairy lights towards the edge of the pier.  He's even organized little sweets and thermos mugs. Taylor has set up a small projector and screen to finish the picture.