Prologue

Kiyotaka's POV

For as long as I can remember my surroundings have always been the same. 

The White Room. 

A facility for creating artificial geniuses. 

An arena where weakness and emotion were unacceptable. 

Every morning I was accompanied by one goal - to be faster, stronger, smarter, better. 

Nothing else mattered.

My father, Ayanokouji Atsuomi, was the creator and head of this facility. 

Through this project, he wanted to restore our family to its former glory. 

Ayanokouji Family used to be one of the most important and respected families in Japan.

Unfortunately, over time, the family's strength and reputation began to wane until it finally hit rock bottom. 

In my father's time, we were just an ordinary, regular family. 

But my father was ambitious and wanted to restore the family to its former glory. 

Unfortunately, he wasn't talented enough to make that dream come true. 

That's why he created this brutal facility and put me in it right after my birth. 

It was to prepare me to become a leader, who would be able to achieve this goal and rule Japan in the future.

In 12 years of my life, I haven't experienced anything that a normal child would consider happy or memorable. 

Thanks to my exceptional achievements, I was named as the Masterpiece of the White Room. 

It gave me no satisfaction or joy. 

My father was always cold as ice during our interactions. 

I was nothing more to him than a tool to fulfill his plans. 

Although he did it for the glory of our family, I never knew what that even meant.

Until one day he showed up and said he was taking me to America with him. 

Several foreign sponsors were interested in the project and it was decided to present the fruit of the work of the White Room to the world. 

I was supposed to show my skills and knowledge as a man-made genius. 

Although it didn't cause me to feel much of emotion, I was curious what the world looked like outside of the white world I was seeing every day. 

I never though that my life would change so much, because of this.

We flew there by private plane. 

Even though we were close to each other for several hours, there was absolute silence in the room. 

Neither I nor my father had anything to say to each other. 

As we approached the shores of America, something unexpected happened. 

The right wing of our plane burst into flames.

The captain of the plane tried to control the machine, but there was no way to continue our journey and we tried to land. 

Unfortunately, the fire quickly spread to other parts of the plane and not too long after there was an explosion in the back section, as a result of which I hit my head on something heavy and lost consciousness. 

I didn't even have time to think if I was going to die. 

Up to this day I wonder if I would feel anything if that though would cross my mind at that time.