Chapter 31 - 1st May

Matsushita Chiaki's POV

Beep! Beep!

The alarm in my clock resounded in my room, making me wake up.

I tapped it lightly, stopping the sound, and stretched my body.

Then, remembering the thing that was haunting me yesterday, I quickly took my phone.

Today was 1st May, which meant that the school was going to transfer private points to the students.

It's not like I was hungry for more money or something.

I still had a big part of private points that I received at the beginning of the school.

The reason for my haste was because today we were going to uncover which revelation of S-System was true - our group's or Kushida-san's.

I remembered my amazement, when Kushida-san told us that our income may not be judged based on individual behavior but on the entire class behavior.

That revelation shocked many, especially students who acted well, myself included.

Up to that moment, apart from Hirata-kun, no one really bothered with trying to convince Sudo-kun and his friends to act well, since we thought that it didn't affect us.

But if what Kushida-san said was true, then the danger that our income was going to be reduced greatly came back.

Of course, at the beginning, many didn't want to believe.

Kushida-san managed to obtain this information from some senior student, but couldn't disclose his identify because the school may punish him for information leak.

That made her revelation more doubtful.

But it was Kushida-san, the friendliest girl I've ever known.

It was hard to oppose her sincere look, when she was talking about it.

On top of that, it seemed like she consulted it with Hirata-kun beforehand, making it even harder to refuse, since the boy supported her.

But the hardest part came after that.

Over half of the class was already behaving well, but the troublemakers weren't.

Even with Kushida-san's plea, some of the boys had trouble to not act unruly in the classroom or arrive on time to the classes.

Kushida-san's influence tempered their behavior, but couldn't stop it thoroughly.

And that made the honor students like Yukimura-kun to bicker with them from time to time.

The entire class was in weird state of anxiety, not knowing what to do and whom to believe.

To be honest, I wasn't fully convinced by Kushida-san's words.

Her story had some holes, especially the senior student part.

Why the school would punish a senior for telling his kouhai the true rules?

Why would someone told Kushida-san something like that, if it could lead to punishment?

Was it some boy, who had a crush on Kushida-san?

It was a popular topic among the girls these days, but she always denied such a thing.

While it was quite a plausible theory, I had one on my own.

A day before the beige-haired girl told the class this information, she was in contact with a person that I was paying attention to.