Chapter 21 - Mutual Benefits

Kiyotaka's POV

After my meeting with Horikita-senpai and Asahina-senpai, I headed back straight to my room.

I didn't want to wander around outside anymore, especially since many people were looking at me during my walk.

It's not overstatement to say that in just few hours I became kind of celebrity among the students.

I was expecting my fame to rise, since Horikita-senpai made a promise to make me Vice-President, but I didn't want to be recognizable by so many people so early.

I could see Horikita Manabu's idea behind it, since it made me have some more options to play in the open, but it also reduced my movements in the shadows.

It was even more evident, when some senpais started to glare at me, when I was passing by them.

For the second-year students, I was definitely an enemy of their leader, Nagumo Miyabi.

Even if he wouldn't put me under surveillance, some people would still watch me on their own account.

From now on, my battle with Nagumo would begin openly and many people were going to be affected by it.

But my current priorities didn't change.

Until the end of this month, I needed to establish some contacts with the other classes and find someone to lead mine.

Thanks to Horikita-senpai, I was in charge of the interviews of some key figures from Class A and Class B.

If I played my cards well, I could make some allies in Council during Nagumo's absence.

Ichinose and Katsuragi were good candidates, but their stances may change in the next month.

I needed something to make them see me as an appealing ally despite the class competition.

As for Yamauchi...

Ugh...

Just thinking about him makes my head hurt...

For some reason, I just couldn't make myself believe that there was a chance that he actually had some hidden potential...

Apart from being a cannon fodder, of course.

If only someone capable from Class D applied instead...

There was also an issue with no application from Class C.

That class was still the biggest mystery for me.

Something fishy was going on there.

I needed to find out what in order to make some progress with my plans.

Fortunately, Horikita-senpai's decision unlocked a new option for me.

If there's no applicant from Class C, I can just try to recruit someone on my own.

Speaking about my plans, I needed to check out things with Professor.

Depending on what he managed to smuggle into this school, it may increase the amount of moves I could make in the future.

After all, at the first glance, the odds against Nagumo looked not favorable for me.

Although I obtained the same authority, which was my goal, my reach was only limited to the oblivious freshmen.

The older students were definitely not going to treat a kouhai with respect so easily, even without Nagumo's influence.

I also didn't have as much money and personnel as that donkey.