Chapter 13 - A Bet

Kiyotaka's POV

After entering the school building, my goal was to go to the infirmary.

I needed to treat my wound after all.

Fortunately, not many students were along my way, so I managed to walk swiftly without anyone noticing my bloody hand.

The nurse wasn't around either. She probably had a lunch break as well or went to the staff room.

I guess I got lucky, since I didn't have to talk about my wound and get unnecessary attention.

I decided to look around and check what kind of medicines I could get from here.

There were some cameras here, so I pretended to look for some bandages.

This infirmary was quite well equipped, just like the rest of the school.

There were many different medicines here.

I could see some strong painkillers, sleeping pills or laxatives.

There were also some useful stuff like syringes, scalpels, small knives or tweezers.

It was quite a collection. You could probably make an operation here, if needed.

I noted in my mind everything that could be useful for me.

Of course, many things were closed in the cabinets, but there was no need for me to endanger myself to check them up.

I took some bandages with ointment and started to treat my hand in front of the camera to clear myself of any suspicious.

I also wrote a note for the nurse that I was here and took some bandages.

Then I left the infirmary satisfied with my luck and some discoveries.

I went in the direction of my classroom.

I wondered, if Suzune was there and how she would react.

She probably wouldn't attack me for the second time, especially after President Horikita caught us.

But I don't think she would treat me friendly either.

If I really wanted to get close to her, I needed to be prepared for a long siege.

How troublesome.

But benefits from this relationship would be big.

 Suzune was pretty and actually quite strong. I bet she was smart as well.

Her character was troublesome factor, but it's not like she couldn't be tamed. Especially after I saw her cute and fragile side.

And being in at least friendly terms with her meant that I could be close to her brother as well.

Horikita Manabu was definitely someone highly capable. Just being able to become a Student Council President in this school shows how much skill and popularity he must have.

Making him my ally would greatly help me in the future. But this is his last year here, so I must hurry up.

The problem was that he was like a big rock. He probably rarely change that stern expression.

I sure got lucky to get on his radar from the start.

I thought of befriending him from the beginning as a member of Student Council, but his sister may be a shortcut for that.

Well, at least in theory.

After all, their relationship seemed not really good.

There was a part of me, which thought that I should just abandon Suzune and go for her brother alone.