Chapter 20 - Vice-President Ayanokouji

Kiyotaka's POV

Masumi and I quickly arrived at the gymnasium.

We managed to arrive just before the opening.

There were over a hundred students inside, mainly freshmen, who were looking around eagerly.

Because the big crowd already assembled in the room, we decided to stay near the entrance.

Kiyotaka: "We made it. I thought we would be late."

Masumi: "And whose fault do you think it is?"

Kiyotaka: "My seatmate's. It's all Horikita's fault."

Masumi: "You should report her to the school. Wait... Horikita? Like Student Council President?"

Kiyotaka: "Yes, it's his sister. Quite a coincidence, don't you think?"

Masumi: "A coincidence, my ass. Don't tell me you actually blackmailed him like those senpais by using her and became Vice-President?"

Kiyotaka: "You wound me, Masumi. It was his own decision to appoint me."

Masumi: "Then why would you agree? You said that you didn't want the attention from people."

Kiyotaka: "It's beneficial to me in the long run. As you know, because of my Class D student status, I will soon become someone, whom people would look down upon. So I was in need of another status to balance things out. So I made a suggestion to Horikita-senpai and he agreed."

Masumi: "I wonder why he would do that."

Kiyotaka: "I have some ideas, but nothing concrete."

Masumi: "What ideas?"

Kiyotaka: "Maybe he sees me as a good material to be his brother-in-law."

Masumi: "I was an idiot for expecting a proper answer from you..."

Kiyotaka: "Actually, I was kinda serious..."

Exactly at this moment, the purple-haired senpai of small stature and nice chest started walking towards the platform on the stage.

Apart from her, I also noticed a familiar face of Suzune's brother in the crowd behind her.

The crowd became quieter after noticing her actions.

Kiyotaka: "This is Tachibana-senpai, Student Council President's secretary and classmate. And the one with the glasses, whom she just left behind, is Horikita Manabu, Student Council President."

I whispered in Masumi's ear.

Masumi jumped slightly.

Masumi: "W-W-What are you doing?"

Kiyotaka: "Hoh? It seems like you have not only sensitive tongue, but ears as well. A new discovery noted."

Masumi's face turned red, while glaring at me.

Masumi: "Pervert..."

I slightly smiled at her and turned my attention towards Tachibana-senpai.

Tachibana: "Thank you all for waiting, first-year students. I am Tachibana Akane, Student Council's member and the organizer of this club fair.  We will now begin. A representative from each club will explain their functions to you."

After Tachibana-senpai ended her speech, representatives from each club lined up on the stage.

It was quite a diverse crowd, from burly athletes to beauties dressed in colorful kimonos.