Chapter 32 - Study Group

Kiyotaka's POV

The beginning of May came and went as quickly as a hurricane, and before I knew it, the weekend started.

But despite having a day without the classes, Student Council was still operating for the greater good of the school.

Or so I've heard from Tachibana-senpai.

It was the first meeting with Horikita-senpai after May 1, so I actually didn't mind it at all.

I wanted to obtain some information from him as a reliable source.

Of course, for the greater good.

It was also good timing to hear about another class situation, so I asked a certain person to tag along with me, since we were going to the same place anyway.

After waiting for a minute before the dorm, my partner arrived before me.

It was Nishino Takeko, my secretary.

Kiyotaka: "Hello, Takeko."

I greeted her with a smile.

Takeko: "Hello there, Kiyotaka."

We started to walk towards Student Council.

I observed that the girl's mood was rather heavy.

Kiyotaka: "Your expression doesn't feel good, Takeko. Are you okay?"

Takeko: "Ah, yes. There were just so many things that happened recently in my class and I just couldn't help but think about everything yesterday, which made me lose some sleep."

Kiyotaka: "I guess every class got surprised to some extent, when the school made the big revelation. Congratulation on getting 605 Class Points, by the way. I'm sure you guys worked hard on it."

Takeko: "Yes, it's true. Our class went through some trouble to get this much. But I'm afraid things are going to become more troublesome now."

Her face turned sour.

Kiyotaka: "It's about Ryuuen, right?"

Takeko: "Yes. It was just like you predicted, Kiyotaka. After Sakagami-sensei finished his speech he started acting unruly once again saying that from now on this class was his. When people reprimanded him, he became violent, saying that if we want we can report him as long we don't fear to lose some Class Points by his actions. Those words made many to back off."

As expected, Ryuuen started to become active again.

Now he had another weapon at his disposal - the will of his classmates to aim for Class A.

As long as his class wasn't resolute to decrease their position, Ryuuen could do whatever he wanted.

Takeko: "We are behind Class B by less than 100 points, but because of Ryuuen-kun this distance may increase. He knows that as well, but he doesn't care, that's why he is so confident. The atmosphere in the class is awful right now."

Kiyotaka: "I guess it will really come down to whatever people accept Ryuuen as class leader or Ryuuen would make some big mistake and get expelled."

Takeko: "Yes. He also is using the fact that you are Class D student to weaken the morale in our class. Sakagami-sensei told us that your class is considered as a defective, which made many people wonder how did you become Student Council Vice-President."

So Ryuuen didn't forget to mention me.

He was clever.

Kiyotaka: "That's understandable reaction considering how the school described my class. Did Ryuuen bother you because of that?"