Chapter 12 - Horikita

Kiyotaka's POV

While exchanging our phone numbers and making some small talk, me and Professor arrived before our classroom.

I could hear from the inside that lesson already started.

I opened the door and both of us walked inside.

37 curious pairs of eyes instantaneously went in our direction.

I slightly nodded to the teacher, who just gave me a warm smile.

Looks like my classmates already informed him about the incident.

Professor took his seat and I sat right behind him.

For the rest of classes before lunchtime I observed situation in the classroom.

I was quite surprised by teachers warm and friendly attitude towards the class.

Well, it may be a little overboard to say surprise, but when I saw the red haired student fell asleep during the lesson and the teacher didn't say anything though he definitely saw him, I became quite suspicious.

It was impossible to overlook something like that in the elite school, yet the red haired boy had a long nap without problem.

There were some other inappropriate actions by my classmates as well.

I could see some girls started to check out their phones secretly, probably for texting someone.

Some boys started to chat quietly.

Due to the relaxed attitude of the teachers, the students also began to feel at ease, which led to such situations.

I once again started looking at the hidden cameras in the room.

Could it be that the school is assessing our behaviour through those, so the teachers didn't need to say anything?

It's quite plausible theory. Considering the class competition format, maybe our behaviour in the class is judged as well through some unknown criteria, like in some companies.

The reason those cameras were hidden may be so the students could act at ease while actually being observed.

I sighed internally at my discovery.

Although I don't have any evidence, this attitude problem could be also one of the traits of the class D. If someone won't point it out, our class score in the next month may be miserable.

The bell signaling the end of lesson snapped me out of my thoughts. It was time for lunch break.

Professor turned around to me.

Professor: "How are your thoughts about this lunch break, leader? Do you want to go to the cafeteria to eat with me? We could talk about some things."

Kiyotaka: "I appreciate offer, but I should check on Horikita. You know, to explain things out with her. She probably woke up by now."

Professor: "Oh, that's true. From what I saw, she may actually attack you, so be careful, leader."

I stood up and was about to go out, when suddenly two people came to me.

It was Hirata and Kushida.

Kushida: "Ayanokouji-kun, how was Horikita-san?"

Hirata: "I was about to ask you the same, Ayanokouji-kun. Is everything okay with Horikita-san?"

Kiyotaka: "The nurse confirmed that it was anemia. Horikita didn't wake up before I left, so I don't know any specifics. I am about to go to her to see how is she."