Chapter 4 - The Chairman

Kiyotaka's POV

After Nishino Takeshi left, there was an awkward silence in the room.

Suddenly, Kiryuin Fuka started clapping with big laugh.

Kiryuin: "Well, well, well. I always thought that my first day in the school will be boring. Who would have thought that such interesting things will happen one after another."

She definitely looked amused at my fight with the older Nishino.

Kiyotaka: "I didn't do that for entertainment. It was just some self-defence."

Kiryuin: "Seeing you not breaking in sweat after being attacked and overpowering your attacker with sheer strength sure was entertaining. You looked so cool Ayanokouji."

She was acting smug as if we were close. Not that I mind really.

Nishino: "I am really sorry about this, Ayanokouji-kun. My brother really went overboard just now. I assure you that he is not someone evil."

Kiyotaka: "Don't worry Nishino. I don't hold a grudge against your brother. Especially since he didn't really do anything to me. I also apologize for being a little mean to him just now. He was really worried about you, yet I acted like that towards you."

Nishino: "No, no. You didn't do anything wrong Ayanokouji-kun. I was also planning to tell him that it's my choice who I want to be friend with."

Kiyotaka: "Is that so? That's a relief."

Nishino: "Yes. Also, thank you for not turning my brother over to the police. Most people would report him without any hesitation."

Kiyotaka: "No problem. I think no one wants to stay here longer than needed. Also, your brother didn't harm me. If anything, I think his hands will be hurting for a few days."

Kiryuin: "And that's why I am saying that you are cool Ayanokouji. What kind of strength do you possess for acting like nothing happened?"

Kiyotaka: "I was just a little stronger than him, that's all."

Nishino: "Please don't be so modest Ayanokouji-kun. My brother is quite a good fighter, yet you blocked him without effort. I could tell that if you really wanted to, you could defeat him. Seriously, just who are you?"

It seemed like an innocent question, but I could tell that Nishino was trying to get information out of me. While she was grateful to me for not making a scene with her brother, my strength probably made her a little suspicious.

Her brother probably backed out for exactly the same purpose.

Someone who could easily defeat him was near his sister and will be for the next three years.

Unable to determine my intentions and being in unfavorable place for further questioning, he could only left.

He probably is looking for information about me at the moment.

Unfortunately for him, unless he have good informants in the America, he won't find anything about me. But that will probably just make him more worried.

Kiyotaka: "Like I said in the bus, I actually prefer a peaceful life. But sometimes in order to have it, you need to resort to the violence."

Kiryuin: "You speak like some big shot."

It seems like Kiryuin became interested in my background as well.

Kiyotaka: "I am not. I spent my last three years in the USA. Sometimes my life was rough there, that's all."

Kiryuin: "Is that so? But it's quite rare to transfer to Japan, when you could just attend some good highschool there. Normally people do the opposite and want to stay abroad, if they have a chance."