Chapter 23 - Food Trap

Kiyotaka's POV

After my conversation with Ryuuen, I quickly left Class C.

I must say that this was quite a fruitful lunch break.

Not only I managed to make a good impression in the front of so many students in the few minutes, but also I met an interesting individual like Ryuuen.

No wonder the entire class was having trouble to contain him and the school decided to not interfere without some solid evidence.

Ryuuen wasn't only wielding violence quite well, but was also really cunning.

I was impressed he managed to withstand the pressure of exposing the cameras and still attacked me, despite knowing that he lost a lot of the influence over his classmates.

I had no doubt that he would rule Class C in the future.

Once the class competition would start, the entire class probably won't have any other choice, but to acknowledge him as a class leader.

Unless someone with guts would appear or Ryuuen would get expelled.

But both options were unlikely to happen without the interference from the outside of Class C.

In other words, it's currently up to me what road Class C may take in the future.

??: "Ayanokouji-kun!"

I heard a familiar voice and turned around.

It was Nishino.

Kiyotaka: "Hello, Nishino. How can I help you?"

Nishino: "Are you going to the cafeteria right now, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Kiyotaka: "No, I have my own lunch today. I was going back to my classroom to eat it."

Nishino: "I see."

Nishino made a disappointed face.

Kiyotaka: "You should hurry up to the cafeteria, if you don't have your lunch, Nishino. There's not that much time left."

Nishino: "I know. I wanted to thank you for... you know... warning Ryuuen-kun."

Kiyotaka: "It's nothing much. I finally understand why you were behaving differently recently, Nishino. I hope Ryuuen didn't cause you much trouble."

Nishino: "No, I mean... I was practically the same as the others."

Kiyotaka: "I see. If something may happen, contact me. I will do my best to help you."

Nishino: "Thank you."

Nishino blushed slightly.

Nishino: "Ayanokouji-kun, if you have time, do you want to hang out after the school?"

Kiyotaka: "Unfortunately, I need to go to Student Council after classes. It's practically my first day as Vice-President. I need to learn much right now."

Nishino once again made a disappointed face.

Kiyotaka: "But I would like to hang out with you, Nishino. How about this weekend? Are you free?"

Nishino looked at me with some surprise, then she smiled.

Nishino: "No problem."

Kiyotaka: "Great. Then it's a promise."

I also smiled at her.

I said my farewell with Nishino and started to walk towards my classroom.

In my head, I was considering Class C's problem with Ryuuen, its potential future course, as well as what would be the best way for me to stay close to that class later.