Chapter 28 - The Interviews

Kiyotaka's POV

It was 11th April, a day after Fuka's birthday party.

The main topic of the day among the students was an unexpected firework show that surprised every person in its vicinity.

But while more than half of the students were excitedly talking about it, there was a huge group of people, who weren't as enthusiastic about this as the others.

The second-year students.

That's because the rumor started to circle stating that the fireworks show wasn't actually authorized by the school and the huge interrogation looking for the culprit began.

And since the fireworks were launched from the rooftop of second-year students' dorm, this investigation focused on them.

This matter was quickly well-known by everyone, since the school wasn't even trying to cover that and even actively announced that if someone knew anything about the case, he or she should contact the teacher.

They probably figured out that covering up such a big incident would be a waste of time and since it wasn't in any way related to the class competition, the rule about not leaking any important information to the freshmen wasn't broken, so it was okay.

It may be also to warn students from doing something stupid after being inspired by this show.

Soon enough, another rumor started to circulate - the fireworks were launched during Kiryuin Fuka's birthday party created by her own classmates and Vice-President Nagumo.

This matter shocked many people, since it included not only Nagumo Miyabi, a high-ranking member of Student Council, but also Kiryuin Fuka and Ichinose Honami, two famous beauties among the freshmen.

Of course, since I was present at the party, I was also a part of those rumors.

And just like I planned, I was called by the school for the questioning.

Kiyotaka: "... And that's all I know about yesterday's incident."

I said calmly, looking at my interrogators.

I was currently sitting in the room with Sae-sensei, Horikita-senpai and one unfamiliar male, who was in charge of investigation.

While I wasn't surprised by two adults presence here, elder Horikita was unexpected.

Did Student Council President position really wield so much authority?

It was interesting.

I was asked to state how I spent my entire day yesterday.

I honestly told them about everything that happened from my point of view, just like someone totally uninvolved in the case would do.

The investigator: "I see. So you are claiming that you don't have any connection with the incident?"

Kiyotaka: "Yes. I didn't buy any fireworks, nor I've launched them. I also didn't ask any other student to do that for me. As I said earlier, I bought the necklace as birthday present. There were many witnesses to that."

The investigator: "Then, who in your opinion did this?"

Kiyotaka: "I honestly don't know. Until the investigation started, I thought it was a part of the party. The only thing that comes to my mind was that after the fireworks ended, Kiryuin Fuka thanked Nagumo-senpai for them, and he didn't deny being the one behind it."

The investigator: "I see. Well, that's all for now. You are free."

While it was impressive that I was called for questioning on just the next day, I was let go so easily that I couldn't help but feel kinda disappointed.