Chapter 6 - Nagumo

Kiyotaka's POV

Leaving the guidance office, I once again sighed.

To be honest, I didn't expect this school to be so troublesome.

I knew that, as elite school, its standards were higher than somewhere else.

But I was not worried, since having top grades was never my goal.

I wanted to make some connections with people, who may become valuable for the country in the future. Or valuable for my plans.

This class competition may help me find such people. 

But, aside for my classmates, practically anyone else would treat me as enemy.

After all, if it's just fight for points, there's probably no need to make such a big mystery from class competition.

There must be prize that any student would covet and fight for. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out what could it be.

A ticket for 100% sure employment and college entry.

Probably only a winner class will get it, while the others will get much less benefits or nothing at all.

I don't need it at all, but I doubt there will be many like me.

There will be a total war between students for the next three years here.

And from what Sae-sensei said, it seems like my class is not too good.

Of course, it's possible that they just need more time to confirm their suspicions about the school system. Or no one wanted to ask in the class.

But that last face of Sae-sensei looked like she doesn't expect more people to ask her today. Or at all.

At the very least, this conversation allowed me to get to know Sae-sensei a bit better.

At first I thought that she is cold, strict person, who believes in discipline and order.

A typical, lone teacher, who doesn't care about her students and doesn't have much experience in romance, since she thinks of it as a bother.

But I was mistaken.

This woman could be quite expressive, if you push the right buttons. She also seems ambitious. But that's not all.

Although I was the only one in our class, who figured out the S-System before her, I highly doubt a teacher would react this strongly to that. Especially that passionable vision.

She became emotional, when I was figuring the school system, which made it easy for me to read her.

She must have some personal story about it.

I smiled internally.

It looks like my chances with her are not so slim. If only I could get more information. I need to increase somehow my personal encounters with her.

...

Speaking about personal encounters with beauties..

Looks like no one from my acquaintances were waiting for me before the staff room.

Although we didn't make any promise to wait for each other, I thought at least one would wait for me.

Didn't you want to hang around the school with me? Didn't we promise to exchange phone numbers with each other?

What a disappointment.

Well, I won't let them off so easily.

I wonder how much did they discover about S-System.