Chapter 11 - The Professor

Kiyotaka's POV

The second day of April. A beautiful morning with sunny sky. A slight wind brushed the branches of the trees. One could not help but to look forward to what may happen in such day.

It was on such day that I, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the student of Advanced Nurturing High School, have managed to make a girl faint.

It was not supposed to be like that.

I didn't want to scare her so much.

I thought that she would be hard to talk to, so I thought I would play a joke on her to take her by surprise and made a tension between us vanished.

After my last act when I said that I would curse her in horror-like voice, I was planning to say 'Booo.. Nice to meet you. I am Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the rumored ghost of the class.'

I thought the girl would find it funny or at least childish and berate me. And then we would normally be able to talk.

That was a plan.

So what the hell had gone wrong here?

Was my acting this good? Or was my impression of this girl being cold and serious actually wrong and she was a big scaredy cat?

Kushida: "Horikita-san!"

Of course, there was no way the girl fainting would go unnoticed by the rest of class.

Umm?

Wait a second..

Horikita?

Like Student Council President Horikita Manabu?

Is she his relative?

Now that I look at her, she really do resemble him. So that's why I had a feeling that she looked familiar.

Don't tell me she is his younger sister?

I actually scared terribly the younger sister of the only man that I was supposed to impress in order to rise peacefully on the social ladder.

This plot couldn't go more wrong.

Redo! I strongly demand a redo!

...

No?

Just my luck..

For now, let's minimize the damage.

I went quickly to Horikita to check her condition.

There was actually no damage to her, she was also breathing normally.

Good, at least the probability that I will be punished was minimal.

But right now I must play the worried classmate, who don't know what happened like others.

Kiyotaka: "Someone call a teacher!"

One boy ran quickly for a teacher.

My classmates gathered around me and Horikita to see what happened.

Kiyotaka: "It's okay. I think she just fainted."

Kushida: "Ayanokouji-kun, what happened?"

Kiyotaka: "I don't know. I was trying to converse with her, but she wasn't much talkative. Then suddenly, she fainted and slid from a chair on the floor. Her face looked a little bad from the beginning. I think she wasn't feeling good. It looks like anemia. Was she like that yesterday?"

Matsushita: "I don't know. She left with some other classmates during class introductions. If not for Kushida-san, I wouldn't even know how to call her. So she is called Horikita."