Chapter 1 - First Acquaintances

1st April

Kiyotaka's POV

I walked slowly towards the bus stop, where the bus was supposed to take me to the school. I've been in Japan for a few days now and I'm getting used to the environment of Tokio. It's an interesting experience. Although I am Japanese, I spent my entire youth in the White Room and the last 3 years in America. So I felt more like a tourist in a foreign country than like a native returning home.

Japan is a beautiful country, completely different from the USA. While I tried to learn as much as I could about this country while being away, nothing beats the actual experience. I mean, I am going to rule this country in the future, yet I don't feel like Japanese at all. I still have a lot to learn as a Japanese citizen and I hope that the school will help me achieve this goal.

Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

A school established by the Japanese government to nurture elite students that will support the country. It boasts a 100% employment and college entry rate. A facility that spares no effort in pursuing the nation's desired future. For some reason, the students of this school must live in it and are banned from contact with the outside world until graduation, including family. A perfect place for someone like me, who officially doesn't have anything and wants to get acquainted with the future elite of this country.

Well, it's not exactly that I have nothing at all, but explaining what I gained during my stay in the USA would be at the very least problematic. After all, officially I'm pretty low on the social ladder as an orphan returning from a foreign country, so at the first glance teenagers from rich, important families here wouldn't consider me as worthy companion. And I'm not going to suck up to anyone with status. So this closed environment with no family interference is quite good for myself. I just hope I don't run into some snobs with superiority complexes.

While thinking about various things, I reached the bus stop. As I approached it, I noticed a girl wearing the same school uniform as me, propably waiting for the bus as well. She has thigh-length purple hair that is tied in a long ponytail on the right side and a pretty cute face with beautiful purple eyes. In addition, her big chest and a slim waist was well matched with pair of long legs. Overall, she was a great beauty.

How lucky! The very first girl that I meet from my school is practically a model rank.

She saw me approaching and frowned. Apparently my arrival made her annoyed for some reason.

So, what to do? The girl doesn't seem eager to have a conversation. But just leaving her alone would feel like a waste, since it's just us here. I decided to try anyway.

Kiyotaka: "Hello. Judging by your uniform, you're an ANHS student like me. I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka from the Class 1-D. Nice to meet you."

The purple-haired girl glared at me for second. Her annoyance of me become even more apparent. For some reason she was extremely wary of me.

??: "I'm sorry, but I don't wish to make new acquaintances at the moment."

Ugh.. I got rejected at just asking for name. All the confidence I had was mercilessly destroyed at first try. My poor heart aches at this sudden development.

'No, don't give up just yet, Kiyotaka. The harder to pick up the fruit, the sweeter it is.'

She probably thinks that I'm hitting on her. Which is partly true. For now, since she is not willing to share some personal information of her, I will share some of mine to make her interested.

Kiyotaka: "I apologise, if I offended you somehow. I just wanted to know, if we were going to be classmates. You see, I just came back from America, so I will not have any acquaintances in our new school, which made me a little nervous."