Chapter 25 - Matsushita's suspicion

Matsushita Chiaki's POV

Chiaki: "Sure enough, this interests me."

Starting from the beginning of the school, a certain feeling had been stuck in my heart.

It was an unknown, weird feeling that I couldn't identify yet.

This was caused by the existence of a classmate of mine called Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

Recently, I was paying close attention to him.

If someone heard about it, he or she would start grinning and tell me that I started to have a crush of him.

But that wasn't a case here.

I acknowledge that he was very handsome, but my standards for a boy to date were higher than just having a good look.

Both his appearance and personality should be first-class.

The same for his background - his parents should have received high-level education and accomplishment.

I may be very picky, but I believed that as a girl from a good, wealthy family, blessed with intellect and appearance, I could make such requirements.

Especially after managing to enter this Advanced Nurturing High School, I was going to aim even higher than before.

 I was going to study abroad in a prestigious university, then start working for an embassy or in the UN.

Those were my goals after graduating.

Since this part of my future life had been secured, the thing to focus for me right now was to enjoy my high school life and maybe look out for a suitable life-long partner.

Unfortunately, after the first day in the school, I was disappointed in the boys from my class.

Apart from Hirata-kun, there wasn't anyone, who may be even close to my ideal.

There was Koenji-kun as well, but I already heard rumors about him being a weirdo, so I let go of the thought.

And then, at the start of the second day, I met Ayanokouji-kun.

It was a weird meeting.

I saw someone standing before our classroom's door, so I decided to be polite and ask if he needed some help.

When he turned around, I was slightly surprised.

The boy's appearance was definitely on Hirata-kun's level.

It turned out that he was a classmate that wasn't present during the first day.

From our conversation, he appeared nice and friendly.

I rejoiced a little, learning that my class had not one, but two jewels to pick.

Then, he suddenly complimented me and my voice, making me blush a little.

He was a straightforward type, but I didn't mind it.

Especially since I learned that he knew how to play a piano, which could suggest that he received a high education.

We even exchanged phone numbers.

The perspective of my future was starting to become a little better.

Or so I thought.

On the very same day, I met Ayanokouji-kun once again in the dorm, while waiting for Satou-san to go for some shopping.

And once again, the brown-haired boy managed to stun me with his appearance.

He was so good-looking in his casual outfit that he actually surpassed Hirata-kun in my judgement.