Chapter 29 - Pool Accident

Kiyotaka's POV

It was 17th April, a day after new members of Student Council joined.

My goals for this month were realized to a satisfying extend, so I was planning to take it easy for the next two weeks.

My peaceful life-chan, I'm back!

Today was the first time we were going to have swimming class.

On top of that, it was a mixed gender one.

The boys were pretty excited about it, while the girls couldn't help but frown upon hearing about it.

If someone asked me what I thought about that, my first thought would be... of course...

Hell yeah!

But just after that the second thought that it was pretty suspicious came to me.

Why the school would do something like that?

I was almost sure that there was a hidden meaning to it.

That's why, considering every possible ifs, I decided to not take part in it.

Firstly, to figure out the school true motive from the sideline.

If this event was somehow connected to class competition, it was better to observe first, then act accordingly.

Secondly, to not be conspicuous.

I received attention from my classmates during Hirata's revelation, and the rumors about the investigation were still circling through the classroom up to this day.

The popularity I had was already enough for me.

Since I already managed to do what I planned, it was time to relax.

That's why I decided to make myself invisible and let Hirata or someone else take the spotlight.

And thirdly, to enjoy girls in swimsuits to the fullest.

Since I was skipping, I could focus on watching to my heart content.

A pleasant bonus.

That was the idea for today.

But the fate had other plans for me.

??: "Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun!"

Just before I arrived at the school building, a sweet voice greeted me from the side.

It was my classmate, Kushida Kikyo.

She was alone, which was pretty surprising considering Kushida's popularity.

Kushida: "Ayanokouji-kun, there's something I would like to discuss with you. Could you spare some time for me?"

Oh?

What would she want from me so early in the morning?

We moved a little further from the road.

If I was a normal high school boy, I would probably think that this girl was going to confess to me, but I knew that this scenario wouldn't happen.

Kushida: "Umm... I will just ask outright, Ayanokouji-kun."

Or maybe...?

Kushida reduced the distance between us and took my hands.

The pleasant scent attacked my nostrils.

Kushida: "I want to become friends with Horikita-san! Would you help me?"

...

So Kushida came to me to talk about Suzune.

...